Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zamboni

Steinbrenner Blowing Steam or Serious?

8 posts in this topic

You guys think Torres done? If I were him, and even if crazy George didn't fire me- I'd be done with all his non-sense and find another team who would give me the freedom he doesn't and let alone all the criticism as well. I'd be gone either way....

I think he is done. If you don't win a world series in NY you aren't doing your job. Time for a change there. I think Torre will not coach next year with anyone else. I think he will end up with the Mets when Willie Randolph's contract is up after next year. As for Torre's replacement, I have heared 3 names: Mattingly, LaRussa, and Giradi. How about this name for ya: Tom Kelly. Can anyone picture him in NY? I'm just throwing his name out there. Would like to see TK coach again.

I'm not sure if TK will ever manage again. I seem to remember an interview of his on FSN and he said he stepped down from managing because he didn't like the person he was becoming, kind of like Terry Ryan. But a fat contract from Steinbrenner could change that!

I don't think Torre would mind not being brought back...he can find a job in the majors easily enough. He might just as soon get out of NY.

I don't think TK would put up with the Boss' BS. If he did get the job, he wouldn't last long there with his management style.

Mattingly's agent says he's interested in the job.

I thought I heard the opposite. Mattingly was not interested in taking the job from Torre.

Quote:

I thought I heard the opposite. Mattingly was not interested in taking the job from Torre.

I'm sure Mattigly is trying to be somewhat respectfull of the situation but he certainly wants the Job if it's available.

Quote:

How about this name for ya: Tom Kelly. Can anyone picture him in NY? I'm just throwing his name out there. Would like to see TK coach again.

TK is way too smart to get mixed up with that bunch!