Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedDog3

Pheasant Opener - Public hunting land

10 posts in this topic

I'm relatively new to the area and I'm just wondering anybody knows of some decent public hunting land near Northfield or Faribault where I can run my dog, and maybe see a bird or two.

And if you're worried about me shooting all the birds, don't worry I'm not a very good shot!

Thanks

REDDOG,

CHECK OUT THE DNR WEB SITE THERE IS A RECREATIONAL COMPASS MAP THAT THE SHOW THE LOCATIONS OF ALL(MOST OF THE WMA'S IN OUR AREA.

luckycrank, hows the boat running?

i guess ok it seems to go into gear a little hard but im guessing because its a new lower e nd

confused.gif

As long as your back on the water. I would cry if I couldn't get out. Good to hear.

I was a bit nervous as as to if i was going to have it back for the tetonka tournament. but as it turns out i didn't matter because the pattern i was fishing didn't hold up becuase the hot temps didn't hold. now it time to shoot roosters and all ! wan't to do is go fishin!!!!!but the dogs are going to run me through the roof if i don't go saturday.. grin.gif

I've been shooting ducks in some flooded river bottom. The numbers of roosters on the hillsides in the morning are thick. They have all been pushed up do to the river banks flooding. I counted 30 birds get up out of one area on Sunday morning. Would be easy pickings if I hunted them. No dog. That is the best day of the year to sit in the bow stand anyway.

one of my favorite feilds to hunt is flooded, but the land owner says there are a ton of birds there still

land aquisition is gtting harder and harder over the years and with the pressure on the public lands through the first few weeks it's hard to get motivated to hunt till most get the buck bug and hunting pressure drops

It would be nice if Minnesota did a walk in deal like South Dakota that opens up alot of land to be hunted out there. It will probably never happen though the have alot more birds and alot fewer people.

I can move this post into the Hunting forum if you wish. Perhaps you'd get more input...

Let me know.