Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maximum12

Trailer Cross-Bar

5 posts in this topic

Greetings all, I have a problem that I don't know how to deal with.

Pulled the boat out of the garage last weekend & it looked a little funny - turns out the weld on the back-most cross bar broke, & the cross-bar is hanging by the remaining weld. I don't dare drive it anyplace to get it fixed. If the remaining well broke it appears it might dump the back of the boat, & motor, onto the road. Don't want to take that chance!

So my question: is there a service that would come & weld the stupid thing back onto the frame so the trailer is functional again?

Thanks!

Maximum, there are a number of mobile welding operations in the yellow pages. If you're on the NE side of the cites, I could drop by and practice my welding skills on it. Key word is practice. Most of my experience is on rusty farm equipment, so aesthetically it will not be the prettiest work. Otherwise, some plate steel and heavy clamps might allow you to limp to a welding shop to get it done properly. Can you get the failed joint to realign with the boat on the trailer?

If you do a search for mobile weld Minneapolis, a number of options in the metro come up in google too.

good luck, LB

I would like to suggest unloading the boat in your yard and loading the trailer on another trailer and hauling it to a welding shop. just a thought. wink.gif

Max - check your work email, I may be able to help you out.

Thanks JR, sent you the pics. It's a little uglier than I thought, not a clean break on the weld, looks like it messed up the metal a bit too.

If that doesn't work out I'll try the mobile welding tack. Hopefully I'll be ship-shape by next weekend again.