Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ely Lake Expert

Asian Carp in Lake Pepin, oh no

10 posts in this topic

Argh, thats no good.

Well, it was just a matter of time. They are like cockroaches, if you find one, give it some time and then you will find 1,000. Learn to live with them, bowfish off the back of running boats.

Give me a 12 gauge shotgun... tongue.gif

"Are you duck hunting?"

"Well if it's has scales and fins...Ugliest duck I've ever seen." grin.gif

Well, is having asian craps in there really that bad? I mean, they would be fun to catch and might taste good as well....

Yes, any exotic species introduced to a system is likely to quickly turn invasive. Research this a little bit, you will find it amazing how much exotics can damage a ecosystem.

Yea it would be really fun at first, and I wouldn't mind bowfishing for them... but the effects are going to be devastating

One of the things that scares me the most is how they jump out of the water when scared.. People have died down south hitting these things at full throttle.

My Grandpa always used to talk about fishing being so good they were jumping into the boat, if only he were here now....he would only be satisfied if they were Northerns though.

No but seriously the carp we have now have caused enough problems already, we have to keep these from spreading!

I think the big head carp is a different specie then the ones that jump out of the water when scared