Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beef

TUESDAY 10-9-07

4 posts in this topic

THIS IS WHAT WE WOKE UP TO THIS MORNING!!!!!!

Bring on the hard water!!!!!

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

Only in MN - 68 on Saturday and snow 3 days later with wind gusts at 37 mph - wind chill 23

Clark

Love it! That means fall SOFT water fishing is right around the corner!!! Forget that hard water, Beef. Some good open water fishing is still to come, even for that bait you like to target. Can't beat it when it's too cold to feel your digits and you've got water splashing over the side that creates a nice film of ice on your clothes!!!

Aaron

Sure glad our chapter outing up at Break was last week. Not looking forward to that stuff just yet.

Duck

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• JBMasterAngler
      Are walleyes even native to vermilion? Pretty much every lake in northeast Minnesota had walleyes introduced to them in the last 50 to 100 years. If walleyes weren't native to vermilion, saugers certainly wouldn't have been native either. Sauger numbers seem to shrink the farther east each lake gets from Rainy Lake.
    • BringAnExtension
      Shields and Mazaska are now ice free at the landing.
    • osok
         Gentlemen, hope things go well this weekend. I, on the other hand, GET to go to St. Cloud for a surprise birthday party for my MIL. I know you all are jealous..
    • AlwaysFishing23
      So it was a legit test then. Yum maple syrup nothing better! Stay safe if you venture out. Things are getting sketchy.
    • Musky hunter 82
      What are you using the rod for?  Bass if so what lures are you going to be using, the reason I ask is that if you're using a Jig you're going to want to up your line weight to something like 17#.  You mentioned that you're new to baitcasting, a couple of tricks I used when I was first learning to cast to help manage backlashes, is set the tensioner knob so the lure just pulls out the line, then make a long cast and pull off another 20-30' of line from the reel, place a piece of electrical tape across the spool and reel the line back in. Now the backlash will only go as deep as the tape.