Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ddp

Possible State Record Moose

10 posts in this topic

I read in the Strib this morning of the 2 St. Paul fellows who might have shot a new MN Record Moose. Just wondering if there are pics anyewhere? Would be cool to see.

Deer opener is just around the corner!! smile.gif

Good luck to all!

I have been looking around for some pics also but nothing...

Although if Tom Rusch saw it I tend to believe...

From the Star Tribune...

356-moose.standalone.prod_affiliate.2.jp

That's a state record? hum' maybe it is just the picture but I see Moose like that every year at my hunting shack.

Oge Oglethrorp!

Forget the Moose. The quote from "Slap Shot" is just as good. "Here's a name for you nostalgia fans: Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown. I'll never forget an exclusive interview in which Swamptown revealed that he calls his hockey stick the "Big Tomahawk," and he usually refers to the opposing players as "the little scalps".

"He used to get deliberate penalties and darned if he wouldn't......" See the movie, its a classic.

Oh yeah, Nice moose.

I have a hard time believing that is a state record. Hell of a nice moose, but a state record? I just don't see it. No width on the palms, few overall points (excluding the brow tines) and not much mass. I've seen a lot of MN moose sheds much bigger that than boy...maybe the bigger ones just have never been killed I guess.

considering there are only a few moose shot a year I think it's very possible to be a state record....It's not like canada where hundreds of moose are taken a year.