Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icemac33

Fishing Birch Lake?

5 posts in this topic

I'm heading to Birch lake for the first time next week. Can anyone give me any info on some current lake conditions? And can anyone share what your first presentation and depths would be for some panfish and for the walleyes on this lake? Thanks for any info you can give. It is much appreciated.

I live on Birch Lake, and I'm sad to say that I haven't been out for a few weeks. There was a lot of activity and some fish caught all over after the big rains. There were some fish being caught by the Birch Lake campground in deeper water (20+ feet, won't be able to find much deeper) a couple of weeks ago. If nothing there, I'd check in the current below Roaring Stony.

Sorry, meant to say that I was talking about walleyes. I'll not be much help on crappies I'm afraid!

Was on birch for the first time this summer. We ran into the biggest gills I've ever seen! we couldn't keep them off our lines! caught 15 in about 25 min. What a blast. We cought them near a boat landing..hint...hint.

Thanks guys. I would love to get into the gills. I caught one 10" bull gill this weekend in the Mississippi backwaters. I thought I had a big bass on. Thanks again for the insight.