Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Team Otter

FM Get Together in Review...

Team Otter

Just when we thought the weather was about to turn a corner and head in a cooler direction, instead it decided to become even more inconsistent. The conditions today, other than this morning for awhile, were tough. The wind this fall just seems to be relentless out of the S. Unless you were looking for bass or crappies, the fishing was tough too.

My boat focused on shallow Lindy and jig draggin' with crawlers and minnows early this morning only to be "bothered" by perch and crappies. We then spent the remainder of our morning (i.e. ~3 hours) pulling spinners and crawlers behind bouncers. This only yielded sheep head and 1 lost fish. We came in as a group for a nice lunch and socializing and then some of us headed back out while others headed for home. I caught and released some crappies until ~3:30 pm and then I, too, decided to call it a day. When I left, Big Eye 30" (Ryan), Dan Johnson (danj) and Allen Quist (Norselander) were going to wait it out and see if anything turned on around sun-down. I opted for A/C, making venison jerky and drinking Miller Lite. grin.gif

A gigantic "thank you" goes out to Reel Fishing and Tackle in Madison Lake for their wonderful hosting as our forum sponsor this morning. And, to all of you for coming to yet another fun FM Get Together in South Central MN. Until next time...

Ready or Not, Here We Come!

gettogether001rf8.jpg

Matt (Bunt2k) and his family had a nice mess of these...

gettogether002vf3.jpg

Team Otter

What a start to the day!

1001m2.jpg

Team Otter

Got Fish?

tbass1.jpg

Tom does grin.gif

tbass3.jpg

Matt C

Great time. Nice to meet all of you. And yes, A/C and Miller Lite is good.!

fishn4kids

What a fun day indeed. Even the 9 year old had fun despite the not so good bite, except of course the crappies. Aint nothing beats a day on the water. Thanks T.O. Jaycie thinks she's cool now that she has her picture on the website. Thanks again. Oh guess what, we forgot to look at that brochure. Let me know prices and when you have to have your next order in and i can look some of the lures up on their website and tell you what it is i want.

Duane

Muddog

I had a good time. Got my good deed for the day done at noon, so I had the rest of the day to goof off grin.gif.

Wouldn't It be something if you could organize the fishing talant we had there today and hit the water with a game plan. cool.gif

Time to hunt for that 9lb Bass.

wishing for walleyes

What a great event this was today.Many thanks to reel fishing and tackle for being the sponsor.What a great bait shop with very friendly and helpfull people.I would also like to thank TO for organizing this event.Memories last a lifetime and this event definatly made memories.It was great meeting all the new people.I look forward to next year.Hopefull next year we will freeze out there grin.gif

Team Otter

Duane,

E-mail me what you want. I can do each lure for ~$4.00/lure, not including shipping.

info@tightlinesguiding.com

Team Otter

Thanks for making the drive up for it. It was a treat having you on board.

I really wish you could have got an open-water trolling bite going. You would have had company in the "party barge". grin.gif

wishing for walleyes
grin.gifThe party barge almost ended up on the north side of the lake as we were chatting by the grill.Thank You to the guys who rescued it.Gotta love the wind we had today.It would have been neat to have a good bobber bite today.15 people catching eyes would have been a blast tongue.gif

Norselander

Our thanks to Jamison and Reel Fishing and Tackle for a great day. Dan J and I were on the rough water most of the day and found out that we do not get sea sick all that easily. Dan J caught a fat 23 inch 'eye mid afternoon and lost a similar fish boat-side. In the evening it was all bass and crappies for us though. All in all, a very good day. It was good to meet some other FMers. cool.gif

fishn4kids

T.O.

Let me know what shipping would be on 15 to 20 of those and i will sit down tomorrow and pick some out. Any advise on some of the better colors would be great. Also, I don't remember the last time i was able to get a tan in october. Thanks again

Duane

1lkstage

Nice to meet everyone. Thank to TO and Reel Fishing. Never would have guessed the big catch was going to be a 28 footer!! After a tough, wavy day, I just can't wait for the hard water. Thanks again.

Lonnie

Team Otter

$7.50

Salmo has a great line of colors but some of my favorites are pearl orange, dace, real roach, clown, hot perch, metallic orange and gold and black and gold.

Team Otter

A walleye! Congratulations.

JRFISHBAIT

Thanks for the kind words from everyone. There is no better group of people than the FM group. It was our pleasure to be the gathering site for the group.

On to the hard water!

Joe, Matt, Katy and the gang.

DeanoB

it was a beatiful day on the water, austin (8 yo son) and I had a great time. didn't catch much, we couldn't even get the crappies to bite, but we did manage a few lm bass and sunnies fishing the weedlines. what a nice store, Reel bait and Tackle is. well here is a pic of our first fish caught by austin on on a 2" power grub most others pics had more glare than this one, thanks for the memories...

[image]p1010083mj2.jpg[/image]

Team Otter

DeanoB,

It was nice to have you and your son join us. I really got a kick out of some of your son's "1-liners" when he went for a walk with me to my boat.

fishn4kids

T.O.

E-mail has been sent

DeanoB

Yea he can carry on a really intelligent conversation, good thing you didn't bring up hockey. He was real excited that he got to talk with a pro fisherman, and was asking me all kinds of questions on how to turn pro, and get sponsers etc. I'm like I obvisouly don't know! lol but really a great help with tying the boat up, getting lures, minnows, crawlers, whatever you need in the boat. and get a load of this pic, here's what keeping an old fish tank around and having a great 8 year old and 2 younger bros that love fish will get you:

[image]p1010088wv7.jpg[/image]

thanks for great minnows Reel Bait and Tackle cool.gif

danj

Thanks for the get together, T.O. And thanks to Reel fishing for the donut and coffee. It was nice to meet a few more guys on this list.

danj

Team Otter

A pro fisherman? Maybe I need to talk to your son again... smirk.gif

wallyhunter66

I wasnt able to make it the mourning but was able to be there about 5 or 5:30 p.m. everybody was gone. I landed my boat at bray park. I asked a guy in a starcraft boat if there was anybody left from the get together, he said just a couple had just took boats out. I wish I could have been there, but i had a funeral to attend up north. We did manage a few crappies and 1 walleye that night so wasnt a total loss of the day. I hope i can still meet you all soon and maybe get those videos from wishin. sounds like everybody had a blast!! .. Todd

wishing for walleyes

wallyhunter66 send me am email with your mailing address.I`ll send them videos to ya. danbicknase@frontiernet.net

french_lake_kid

Whishing, I sent you an e-mail 2 if thats O.K. wink.gif