Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim_Anderson

Musky Report...fishing has been awesome!

5 posts in this topic

Have been fishing muskies all over the area the past few weeks, and the fishing has been outstanding. My highlights have been helping several people to not only catch their first musky, but to also catch the biggest musky and/or fish of their lives. I just love being "in on that". As you will see from the pics, much of this has been a night bite. Bucktails and spinnerbaits have been working well. Most of the fish were caught shallow in 3-10 fow in both weeds and on rocks. The fish continue to get girthier, and the best fall bite is yet to come. Temperatures continue to hover in the upper 50's, so we're waiting for that temp drop that will spur the fall feeding binge and cisco spawn. Congrats to all the successful fishermen!

Jeff's first time musky fishing, and his first musky was a 53 incher. And yep, that's the moon coming up over his right shoulder. Apparently Jeff has pretty good karma....might as well pick a new hobby and give it a whirl!

71220003.jpg

Kevin, Jeff's lifetime fishing and hunting partner with a nice healthy 43 incher. Nice job guys.

71220001.jpg

Happy birthday to Zach Hobson. His parents bought him the guide trip, and this 49.5 incher was his first musky and ultimate birthday gift. It was an interesting night fishing in the rain. Congrats Zach!

71220006.jpg

Zach's buddy Mike, also with his first ever musky. Check out the girth on this 45 incher! Nice job Mike!

71240004.jpg

Matt Holbrook with perhaps the fattest 41 incher I have ever seen. This was a remarkable fish, and one that has the genetics (and appetite) to be one of those 50 X upper 20 something fish In about 10 years. Matt, lets go catch this one again!

71220004.jpg

Steve with one of five fish from our multiple musky night. It don't get much better than this.

71230005.jpg

P.J. Brennan with his first ever musky (42 inches), and a nice one at that. This one was caught on light tackle, which made for a great fight. Way to go P.J.

schreiber002.jpg

Craig Walters with his first ever musky. Another nice first fish at 43 inches. Small rapala, no leader, and no net. Great fun!

71250002.jpg

And last but not least, Paul with a nice upper 30's fish. It was great fun fishing with you guys!

schreiber004.jpg

Great looking fish Tim.

If you're thinking about trying Muskie fishing, Tim is definitely the guy to call. I've been lucky enough to fish with Tim twice this year, and I've learned more about fishing for Muskies than I ever thought possible. What's even better is that you not only learn, but you get plenty of action too. A few weeks ago we were able to catch and release 3 very nice muskies, with many other follows. This was more exciting than I ever imagined for my first ever night fishing excursion. Not only is Tim a great teacher, but he's a class act. He makes it a personal mission to help you catch your first or biggest muskie. You can't ask for anything better than that!

Yeah I couldn't agree more. I went out with Tim in the past few weeks and had a blast. We dealt with the bad weather and ended up finding the fish after all. I was able to catch the biggest fish of my life with Tim, and had a lot of fun in the process. If you are thinking about chasing the musky anytime soon, and having a great time doing it, I would definitely say to give him a call.

Wow Tim!

Makes me want to take up Muskie Fishing. grin.gif