Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

phez

everyone talks about the Eye's and Ski's but does anyone do much crappie fishing this time of year on the big V. Comming up next weekend and the wife would like to do some crappie fishing, any info would be great. Will be fishing the east end

thanks Mikey

SledNeck

There is crappies on the east end? news to me.

heartattack22

You can find them if you look hard enough. Its hard to justify fishing for crappies until after you catch your limit of eye's. But then again, this time of year its not too hard to do once you get into them. Where abouts on the east end are you staying? This time of year I would head west through Oak Narrows and then head north...watch for the suspended fish in the deep water in the narrow area north of Oak Narrows...

SledNeck

Pelican is much better for crappies. Everyone I know that fishes crappies goes to Pelican and loads up. Just go where all the other boats are.

Backwoods

Crappies,

Might try Muskego Bay, 8'FOW suspended at 6', or Black Bay, this year is totaly differnt than past years. Not asking a lot of question just enjoying some great fishing.

Backwoods

heartattack22

hey sledneck...some of us are more courteous and would rather find our own spots. I can't stand people who go from group of boats to group of boats. There are lots of places to catch the fish without going to "where all the other boats are".

BEEGONE

Vermilion has crappies, no doubt about that. Your best bet is to talk to the guides. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

SledNeck

Well, on Pelican all of the boats are on the deep hole fishing for crappies. Its not like its a big secret or something. I dont think fishing out there is being discourteous. Now if you saw only one boat out there and pulled up next to them, then I might think of it as not giving someone their space.

MinnesotaBoatman

Sledneck,

What's the best technique for Crappies on Pelican? I'm heading up next weekend with a buddy and will get to do some serious fishing (no kids) for the first time in a long time.

I saw 20+ boats out in the center two weeks ago. I thought they were chasing walleyes (because of the depth) but found out it was crappies.

thanks,

Jim

SledNeck

Quote:

Sledneck,

What's the best technique for Crappies on Pelican? I'm heading up next weekend with a buddy and will get to do some serious fishing (no kids) for the first time in a long time.

I saw 20+ boats out in the center two weeks ago. I thought they were chasing walleyes (because of the depth) but found out it was crappies.

thanks,

Jim

Hey, now, better find your own 40 foot crappie hole! Give those 50 boats out there some space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding!

Iam not a crappie expert at all. Infact Id rather smack myself in the forehead with a stapler than go crappie fishing...BUT....a friend of mine fishes them out there. If I remember right, he fishes like 30 feet down with a jig. It looks white with a little spinner thing dangling off of the jig. Crappie minnows im assuming! GOOD LUCK and have fun grin.gif (kind of an oxymoron when talking about crappie fishing, LOL!)..

You can probably get better crappie fishing advice from one of the local stores there. Wouldnt hurt to ask. Oh and I heard of people nailing hawg walleyes while crappie fishing out there too.

vermilionwally

Ive never caught a crappie on the east end either, and i only fish the east end so ive actually never caught one on vermilion. I know 2 weekends ago people were catching crappies in the pike river below the dam and in the mouth of the river there so if your staying near pike bay you might want to give that a try grin.gif.

MinnesotaBoatman

Quote:

a friend of mine fishes them out there. If I remember right, he fishes like 30 feet down with a jig.

If he's 30 feet down, that one small spot right in the center of Pelican.