Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jerkin'm

Corrugated Plastic Sheeting?

Question

jerkin'm

In the process of building a new fish house and recall people suggesting corrugated plastic sheeting for the interior walls...Where can I get this?

21 answers to this question

DonBo

I am in the sign business. We use corrugated plastic for inexpensive outdoor signs. (political signs, etc.) It comes in 4' x 8' sheets in thicknesses up to 1/2" in several colors. Standard sheets are 4mm, about $20. "Corroplast" is the brand name most often used. You can get it at most any sign shop. Can't imagine why you would want to use it in your fish house though?

hanson

Another option is Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic Paneling (FRP). Its available in 4x8 sheets, approximatley 1/8" thick or so. White is the typical color although they may have some other options. Menards & Home Depot carry it.

The main benefit is it will not absorb any kind of moisture at all, its easy to wipe down and keep clean, and the white color reflects a ton of light.

sirsunnyslayer

I have heard people using this on the outside of thier shacks, waterproof and very, very light, plus its alot stronger than you think.

blueroof

J.R. Johnson Greenhouse Supply sells corrugated twinwall polycarbonate panels. Has an R value slightly better than single pane glass, 2 or less.

LB

jerkin'm

I guess I should have metioned I don't want to have to take out a second mortgage on my house to be able to afford it...$85 a sheet is a little out of my price range... grin.gif

I thought there was a product that was fairly cheap and maybe a recycled or byproduct of something else?

Shack

I think Hanson is talking about "back splash", that goes behind sinks in commercial applications. Like this!

nmyJ9kAzzgm-g+MtUwnbf9uQ0xA0kohd0300.jpg

+xEhOucaV7EcMDgtOpNnkWAzO3gwi9Or0300.jpg

Ironically, I was given this stuff I used around my garage sink by a friend that was building a fish house from a pop up camper frame. It is a work in progress, but he is going to use it for the whole interior of house. He got it from his job site, when they did some demo work on a hotel!

Good stuff, I would recommend it!

cold one sd

The entire interior of my wheel house is done with the FRP that Hanson mentioned. I got it at Menards and I think it is made from recycled milk jugs and things like that. I think it was about $20 for a 4x8 sheet.

Shack

Cold one SD,

Is the stuff like the stuff in my pics?

sirsunnyslayer

Yes, it's FRP in your pics.

Shack

Sirs,

Thanks!

cold one sd

Quote:

Cold one SD,

Is the stuff like the stuff in my pics?

Shackbash Sorry, but I went fishing for four days. It's the same stuff.

hovermn

Just don't use FRP on the outside of the fish house because it's not UV protected. Epoxy and polyester resins (used to bind the glass) start breaking down when exposed to UV light. Eventually it will yellow, get brittle and break down.

There are fiberglass pannels out there that will reflec UV rays. The RV industry uses several different styles. In fact, you may get lucky and find some at an RV junk yard.

Just my $0.02 smile.gif

cold one sd

The outside of my wheel house is gel coated fiberglass and is very easy to maintain.

hovermn

There's nothing wrong with Gel coated glass. BUT, you need to use the stuff that's made for exterior use, and I'm sure that's what you have.

I want to make sure that people know that not all fiberglass (even gel coated) is created equal. It must contain UV inhibiters or it will break down. frown.gif

cold one sd

It's the type they make service bodies for trucks out of. You can buy it in flat sheets also.

hovermn

I have a friend looking for something like that. Do you know where to find it?

cold one sd

I don't know if this will get zapped or not. The place that sells them is Hayfield Industries in Hayfield Iowa. My wheel house was made by them.

nytelyter

another name for it is milk house board. ... paul

cold one sd

I think I have heard it called that before. It seems to work well in my drop down. This winter will only be it's second season though.

PikeTipper

Is there anything you can do for the edges to make it look seemless?

cold one sd

There are joints that go between the sheets in the ceiling and walls and there are pieces that you put where the walls and ceiling meet that put them together with a nice curved look. The store that sells the FRP should have all the trim parts. I used the joiners in the walls and ceiling and just used white 100% silicone everywhere else. That way, if I ever want to remove some sections to run more wire or something, I can just slit the silicone and pull the panels out. Another reason that I used silicone was to keep moisture confined to the inside of the ice house instead of letting it get into the interior of the walls.