Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrklean

Moose???

10 posts in this topic

I work at a golf course in Clearwater and there were a few reports of a moose around the course??? I dont believe it but have anyone else heard anything?

i haven't heard of one this year but there was one last year, or the year before in waite park. This one was on vidoe tape and the news.

moose is just looking for a little action, I not a expert but, alot of animal including moose, deer, goats, people. will travel long distence to find a mate.

maybe the clearwater moose and the saint cloud elk are making a voyage together!! grin.gif

Now that right there is funny

Moose are funny animals. Every once in awhile one of them will take it in his head to go on walkabout. Several years ago they spotted one eating vegatation on Lake Minnetonka just west of Minneapolis. That one was heading south. They tracked it as far south as Oklahoma. I never heard what happend after that but I do know that we are seeing more and more encounters with them in urban areas. This is probably due to sound wildlife management and mild winters that have caused a mild population increase. I should think that in years to come we will see more moose sightings.

I've heard that when moose head south, like the one going to Oklahoma, it is usually because of a worm parasite in it's brain. It makes them head south for whatever reason. I do beleive it is ultimately deadly. Moose numbers are actually down and the experts don't know why. Particularly in the NW part of the state.

The mild winters increase the chances of moose getting the parasites. If we can get a couple cold winters in a row, we'll then see an increase in the moose population. With the forest fire last year in the BWCA they'll have lot's and lot's of food to eat in the next few years.

Would be nice seeing the numbers increase for once. Maybe someday i would have a chance to hunt for them then.

I heard the moose #'s are down to, due to the really warm summers up narth. They pant too much from the heat and don't eat enough to put on the winter fat. Then winter comes and they are weak. Wolf Food I assume or just die of sickness. I saw it on the news a couple months back or somewhere, but I do remember hearing that. frown.gif