Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
CC Hurl

Hanging Clothes outside

CC Hurl

If you guys are Like me you normally hang your clothes outside to air out when your not in the woods.

Do you leave them out in the rain or bring them in somewere?

Just wondering if the rain leaves an oder affter drying.

Also anyone use them Tinks Carbon bags to put your clothes in? I got some a while back and have not yet used them. I still use the heavy plastic bag and carry clothes into the woods before changing.

Hope your all having a good season so far. I am as i have meet in the freezer as of last saturday morning. Nice doe at 25 yards. Ran 20 and fell. Double lung pass thru.

Gotta love it.

Good luck and be safe,

CC HURL

uplander

I only leave them hanging out if they're wet. Don't want the sun to fade them...Once they are dy I keep them in a cooler

paceman

I hang mine outside most of the time. I keep them in a big old shady tree. Lately with all the rain I decided to try something different. So after they dried I filled a rubber tote full of leaves and stuffed all my stuff except for the bow in it. Last night I had a nice doe come through downwind at 20 yards. No clue I was there. So far so good.

doser

I keep mine in scent free bag from H.S. I wash them with the scent free soap and put them in the drier and straight into the bag. I change before and after entering and exiting the woods. I also take scent free shower before each hunt when bow hunting.

Deitz Dittrich

I wash in scent free deterg, then hang dry, till dry... then put in a plastic storage container.

pascooter94

I hunt on the farm so I hang them in the barn it seems to work for me.

vister

try a cheap tote with a lid from walmart. depending on where you hunt, pines, oaks, field edge, buy the same area scented wafer. like the earth scent, which i use. throw the wafer on top of the clothes and close the lid. clothes may smell strong like the wafer, but shot a nice 8 pointer second weekend at 12 yards. Just from kneeling in the grass on the ground. just kneeling there, no blind! Proved success crazy.gif

brassman

Quote:

I keep mine in scent free bag from H.S. I wash them with the scent free soap and put them in the drier and straight into the bag. I change before and after entering and exiting the woods. I also take scent free shower before each hunt when bow hunting.

this is what I do to a tee, works well for me, except I get the basics put on at home and I will put on a coverall suit that I wash with the clothes as well, takes some of the work out of getting dressed out in the woods, it also makes a good atv suit for not getting stinky, and makes one heck of a fashion statement. ( its lime green) grin.giftongue.gif

sodajerk

Since I've had two of the HS clothing bags fail on me now, (the seal strip tears loose from the top edge of the bag) I've discovered Ziploc Big Bags. The XXL size works best, since it has room for all my camo, my insulated jacket and the orange vest for gun season.

You can get a 4-pack of the Ziplocs for about 7 dollars and with their double-thick top section, built-in carry handle and double sealer strips, they are much more heavily made than the HS bag, which costs about that much for just one bag.

Nate McVey

I wash mine in scent free soap and then again in "dirt flavored" grin.gif Then I air dry them on the line and put them into some of my old river rat drybags from my time in CO. They are the same as the HS scent bags and I already have them. I also sit in a pine so I have a pine scent wafer as well as a dirt wafer. I try to put them where I feel the most wind hitting a certain part of my body on any given day. Seems to work well.

Meat-Run

Quote:

Since I've had two of the HS clothing bags fail on me now, (the seal strip tears loose from the top edge of the bag) I've discovered Ziploc Big Bags. The XXL size works best, since it has room for all my camo, my insulated jacket and the orange vest for gun season.

You can get a 4-pack of the Ziplocs for about 7 dollars and with their double-thick top section, built-in carry handle and double sealer strips, they are much more heavily made than the HS bag, which costs about that much for just one bag.

Sodajerk,

you beat me to it but that's what i did. Purchase the 17 gallon or larger bags with handles and they work great. I have a bag just for socks, pants, shirts, hats, and gloves. Then another for bibs and jacket. This is the cheapest way to keep your gear scent free and away from any contamination. I sometimes hang my clothes outside if I know it's going to be sunny and warm but do keep in mind that if your neighbor is mowing the lawn and the smell could carry into your yard from the exhaust.

mr

doser

I'll have to buy one of those zip lock bags. My H.S. bag gets pretty full once the colder season rolls around and I don't want to spend the $ on another H.S. bag.

Meat-Run

I think the box came with 4 bags for about $5.96 at flet frm in the kitchen garbage bag isle.

mr

doser

Thanks MR

LuciandTim

I washed my clothes a day before the season opened and they have been hanging in my apple tree out back since I took them off opening day. When I go out I wear the clothes that I have sealed in a container and then before I walk out into the woods I put the camo on out of the tree wink.gif