Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Owasso Action?

12 posts in this topic

Any action on owasso lately? I have a half day to hit up a close lake and am wondering if I might have a chance at some crappies, bass, or maybe even a muskie?

JB, can't help you with a recent report, but generalities hold true all year on Owasso. Crappies are small & plentiful if you run into them. There are some nice bass - they're hit & miss for me, I've had good days & skunks within a week's time. Muskies I am ignorant of, although a friend who fishes them said there are a few decent ones in there.

Well I didn't make it out, woke up in the morning and it was raining and way too windy. Oh well, I'll probably hit it in the winter...it's a good lake to go to when I am short of time.

I was out on Owasso saturday trolling cranks, spinners, and spoons for walleyes or maybe even a bonus tiger, but no luck. All the hoards of jetskis, pleasure crafters, and a*@holes were back out with the warm weather though, so I didn't expect to catch much! I will be sure to never go back out there again on a nice weekend day again, but when your free time is on those days, I guess you have to get out when you can. I should have gotten up earlier!

if is makes you feel better, the same people that are out there on jet skis are out there in the winter on their snow machines and wheelers. even had a guy out there tearing it up on his motor bike last year. i think they find it more interesting to run up within 10 feet of a guy when he is sitting in his portable.

like i always say, the courtesy extended to others is really not what it used to be.

Great. Well I guess I won't go out here during the "normal hours" again. If anyone gets within 10 feet of my portable with a motorized vehicle, they better hope they don't come back again. I have no problem chucking something heavy at them if they are going to be that unruly and disrespectful. That is complete B.S. that the crowd of "teasers" and "hotdogs" feel the need to test the patience of people who just want to enjoy the outdoors peacefully.

GoggleEye

I think there is a state law that requires motorized vehicles maintain a set distance from ice fishermen.

I think it might be 30 feet?

I seem to remember coming by a thread about portibles getting buzzed by wheelers.

Quote:

I think there is a state law that requires motorized vehicles maintain a set distance from ice fishermen.

I think it might be 30 feet?

I seem to remember coming by a thread about portibles getting buzzed by wheelers.

good luck getting that enforced...

HRUUUMPH!!!! HRUUUUMPH!!!

My memory is fuzzy on the thread, but I do remember they had some luck with it. That enough portables were buzzed and enough cell phone calls went in about a specific vehicle to get a cop on the lake.

But what the hey anyways. The metro lakes are one great big party on ice anyways, it's all good. grin.gif

I havent fished that lake for years and years now.. But I would assume the bass action would still be good.

i had a couple good days at owasso last winter for walleye. lots of fish but all about 10".