Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bucktailsam

winona area

3 posts in this topic

hey everyone. just curious to see if anyone is catching anything on the lakes or rivers in the winona area? are there any good spots for shore fishing and what kinds of fish turn on this time of year?

We used to do OK fishing from shore out at Airport lake, as well as around Prairie Island too. Plenty of places to fish. This time of year is tough, but there are fish to be had. Help?

A friend of mine was down there a week or two ago and they were able to catch a handful of keeper crappies on the river. There weren't big schools of them, so you had to keep moving around, but you were able to find them. They have pretty picky standards, so they were all good size. With all the rain, I'd be careful if you are going out on the river. I know he is holding off a while until the river level goes down some.

Don't know of any specific shorefishing spots, its been a long time since I was down there.

Be safe.

CJH