Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
olski

Smallies

olski    0
olski

Anybody been doing any bass fishing on the pond? Thinking about heading up to "I hate to say it" look at the fish house. Just wondering if I should bring the boat up and look for some smallies. Thanks

Shack    16
Shack

I am not sure! One of the biggest smallies I have ever seen was caught in the first part of Sept.

Is there regs on fishing smallies now?

holepopper    0
holepopper

I THINK ITS STATE WIDE THAT ALL SMALLIES ARE CNR AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR. I COULD BE WRONG BUT THAT THE WAY ITS ON THE MISSISSIPPI. HANDBOOK HAS SOMETING ON IT

olski    0
olski

Yep the whole state is c&r now but thats just fine with me. Who knows maybe I can stumble across a 14-16 inch walleye. grin.gif

TRZ    0
TRZ

Smallie fishing is the best way to get into a schoool of smaller walleyes on the pond I have done it countless times, if you looking for sloters that is the ticket! Oh yea smallies are fun too! grin.gif

Shack    16
Shack

My buddy caught a monster and we had run the idea of mounting it. It was huge! Took pics and released it back!

Come to find out the fish was caught right at or during a special reg. for smallies (back then possibley Mill Laces only) or catch and release only.

Thanks!

TRZ,

That is very true!

Banger    0
Banger

I am heading up to the pond in the morning to chase some smallies! I am really looking forward to a good fall bite up there. I have never been there in the fall, but the smallies are real good around my neck of the woods in October. I would definetly bring the boat for the weekend!

Corey Bechtold    2
Corey Bechtold

Good thing you released it. The regs say catch and release only from September 10th through the rest of the season.

How big was it?

Corey Bechtold

Shack    16
Shack

It was 27" and 7 some pounds. I have a pic in my ice shack I want to scan, or the buddy of mine who caught it has a copy pic I talked to him about tonight.

We were pre, pre fishing a tournament on Pelican, but staying on Mille Lacs untill We headed to Breezy for tourny. Honing our skills to say the least! We were fishing all day and had not had much luck for smallies. An hour before we were to head in, after a long day, it struck. We were fishing in around 7-10 feet of water in rocky area. It was caught right under a marker bouy! There were 1 or 2 other fish following Bass as my buddy reeled it up.

I do not fish bass much at all, but it ranks up in one of the high lights of my fishing outtings!

I will get pic. and post it. Its been many years now since it was caught, but it was a nice fish.

It was caught before Sept 10th. We could of kept it and it could of been a new record??? That is what I was told at resort, at that time I figured smally state record was 10lbs or someting. The scale I used in the 1999 was not the most reliable scale. Ya, the next week when I was up at Karpons (now Appledorns), I was showing pic and thats when I found out about reg.'s. I thought then it only was for Mille Lacs and not whole state in 1999. I could be wrong!

Shack    16
Shack

here is the lure it was caught on! We were on the low end of the stick for spinner baits and my buddy tried this on!

It was a little luck and being at the right place at the right time!

dlqLKf8GdxvGv5F1AY0aqjeHTlsolss10300.jpg

EBass    0
EBass

Psst - there isn't any 27" bass in this state. The state record largie was 23.5" and went 8.13lbs. The state record smallie was 8lbs even. I ain't sayin, I'm just sayin.

TRZ    0
TRZ

I agree. grin.gif

Shack    16
Shack

I could be wrong on lenth! But I do know it was over 7lbs.

Sorry for not having correct info! Again, I will get info and picture very soon! I am not much of a bass guy! I could almost swear it was 27", but you are correct. That sounds way off!

I will talk with my buddy who caught it and get correct info! I know I have specs on back of photo up at shack!

I most times do not talk about big fish with out photo and correct specs. This is a prime reason why. grin.gif!

river rat316    130
river rat316

World Record smallie was 27"... nuff said, maybe 22" pushing 23" no doubt theres a record smallie (state) and a record muskie simming in there though! we might never see the fake record of 8 lbs fall though with the mandatory c&r after Sept (not saying its a bad thing though)

Shack    16
Shack

RR316,

You have to be correct! Again, I am not a bass guy at all. I stuck foot in my mouth after a couple beers kast night! I think it was close to 24" and over seven pounds. This were I got the 27". Sorry.

Here is a shot of the smallie. It seemed much bigger when it was caught. The pic does not do it justice IMO!

Pick it apart guys grin.gif. We should of cut up and ate it for supper! grin.gif Wink Wink!

fmOLopa4yFwLLdae+zC2s5LCTCY-O96Q0300.jpg

river rat316    130
river rat316

its a pig... would have tasted about as good as that 55 pound flathead I ate this summer blush.gif there not near as good as those 13+ lb eyes though grin.gif

My guess on the fish (bad camera angle), is its bigger than any smallie Ive ever caught crazy.gif And I would be proud to hang that pic on my wall!

Shack    16
Shack

River rat,

I was joking on eating it, I was reffing to that Canada guy who is having some record reveiwed! The camera was a cheap disposy that had been in my tackle box for some time. We figured if he wanted to mount it, the pic. would be good for a rep... Hate to keep big fish!