Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hawgeye

Turnover Fishing Report

4 posts in this topic

I am heading up to Winni/cut foot next week for some fishing and duck hunting. Anybody know if the lake has turned over yet and/or current water temps? thanks for any information,

Dave

It was 56.9 on sat. out by Tamarack Pt. Released a 20 and the wife released a 23 1/2 when it clouded up. Then the sun came out and shut down everything. Spent the next 3 hours catching small perch so I left and no sooner got back to the cabin it clouded back up but by then I was cutting the grass.Lots of ducks were flying around and some shooting off the pt.

fished 6 hours today. caught 15 walters and 7 billion perch. Nothing fast and furious. Just steady goes it. Mixture of chubs, rainbows, and shiners from River Rat Bait. They sure offer up a healthy minnow count. Didn't seem to matter on minnow type as all 3 kinds produced. Threw back 3 too big. One 20". Predominantly South wind.

Stayed in Cut Foot - due to wind.

Thanks for the information. Does anyone know what temp Winni usually turns over at? I'm hoping the fish are going next week. I'll take walleyes over ducks any day. thanks again,

Dave