Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
outdoor ran

Its great to be.....

31 posts in this topic

A Wisconsin football fan. Packers 4-0 and the Badgers 5-0 cool.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with ya!! Congrats to Favre, the Superstar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the fishingwisconsin.com site is over there------>

Just kidding- don't gloat too much, my old high school team could beat the Vikes, and they are a 9 man team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bleed purple, but what an accomplish for the ol man. Hes going to break some more records yet.

I hope the pack or detroit make it to the bowl, tough road for them but you never know. For me and my purple will be sitting out again. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the immortal words of Metallica,

Sad But True!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at the game yesterday and I swear to god it was a home game for the Pack. They were cheering "Go Pack Go" throughout the whole game. When the Vikes had the ball it was alot louder when the Packers had the ball. Very classy of the Vikes fans cheering when Favre had the record TD pass they gave him a standing ovation. I was just glad I was surrounded by Packer fans where I was sitting, a joy to be around them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Course it was a lot louder when the packers had the ball, the opposing teams fans always make the stadium loud. I was at the game too and it was loud when the packers had the ball. The pack did a great job not letting the crowd noise get too them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

History in the making! We are all lucky to be able to still watch the "Legend" Brett Favre play, and play so well. Watch him while you can, as he is like a Michael Jordan of football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I think he is great, the Jordan comparison may be a little much. He is an all timer but I don't think he is THE ALL TIMER. We can debate it forever and his records not withstanding, if there is a Michael Jordan in football I think he is playing in Indianapolis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, it is great to be a WI fan when they win...but when they lose I have never heard so many whiners and complainers.

Nearly as bad as the Vikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, Cheeseheads- nice collapse by the Brew Crew. Had to throw that one in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manning is good but he has great receivers, good pocket protection, and a running game. If this holds out for him for his career I'm sure he'll put up big #'s. But take some of them things away, and you may see his ability diminish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Manning is good but he has great receivers, good pocket protection, and a running game. If this holds out for him for his career I'm sure he'll put up big #'s. But take some of them things away, and you may see his ability diminish.


Farve maybe didn't have Harrison, but he had still had plenty of nice recievers and a good line. He also has been supported by a stellar running game at times. I know you won't agree with me but Farve would not have a ring without Reggie White.

By the way, how has LLoyd done since he left Indy as a free agent. Maybe it was the QB that made the recievers not the other way around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manning rules and there is not a comparison with him to Favre...even in Favres prime. Favre has been a great quarterback, but Manning is fantastic. He makes the rest of the team look good. Because of his awesome passing, his line, receivers, and running backs look much better than what they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wonder what kind of stats favre would have put up if he had marvin harrison or reggie wayne when he was in his prime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My grandma would have great stats with the "right on the money" passes Manning makes.

And, he calls and changes plays so much depending on the defense, people are always open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only time will tell on how good Manning is? He has a ways to go yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to rub it in while we can, nothing last forever. Do I think the Badgers can be #1 or the Pack can go all the way, probably not but its nice to see them win a few games. I know how quickly teams can be good then all of the sudden stink. Got to enjoy it while it last.

The Packer fans I know arn't fair weather fans. They are die hard fans. Even when they stink theres not a empty seat unlike some Viking fans, the dome and blackouts.

I've never been a Brewers fan, but they had a good season. A winning record and just missed the playoffs. Unlike another team we know.

Packers and Badgers could lose every game for the rest of the season. I'm still going to be watch and cheer for them. I'am sure if the Vikings and Gophers had them records this forum would be quiet and there wouldn't be any bragging going on wink.gif Good luck hunting and fishing everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Only time will tell on how good Manning is? He has a ways to go yet.


WHAT????

Peyton Manning (age 31) is currently 7th on the ALL TIME list for passing TDs.

ahead of Joe Montana

11th on the list of all time passing yards. 10th on completions.16th on attempts.

He has the record for most seasons with 4,000 or more yards passing in a career. Manning is second on the list for highest career passer rating, behind only the retired Steve Young.

Hes had the greatest statistical season ever for a QB, hes a 7 time probowler, superbowl champion, and is a 2 time MVP.

What more does this guy need to do? He already has had a hall of fame career and hes not even close to finished!!!

Time will tell???? He has a ways to go? How much further do you think he has to go???? Does he have to cure aids or make world peace?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the NFL it would take one big hit to take any one out.If Manning survives a few more years, (keeps a great offensive line), I'm sure his stats will be great. How old is he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be the best post on the site! GOD BLESS GREEN BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-0, long live Favre!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

We have to rub it in while we can, nothing last forever. Do I think the Badgers can be #1 or the Pack can go all the way, probably not but its nice to see them win a few games. I know how quickly teams can be good then all of the sudden stink. Got to enjoy it while it last.

The Packer fans I know arn't fair weather fans. They are die hard fans. Even when they stink theres not a empty seat unlike some Viking fans, the dome and blackouts.

I've never been a Brewers fan, but they had a good season. A winning record and just missed the playoffs. Unlike another team we know.

Packers and Badgers could lose every game for the rest of the season. I'm still going to be watch and cheer for them. I'am sure if the Vikings and Gophers had them records this forum would be quiet and there wouldn't be any bragging going on
wink.gif
Good luck hunting and fishing everyone.


I wouldn't expect anything less from a true fan. With me being a Gopher fan and a Vikes fan, you can trust I understand staying by your team through thick and thin. crazy.gif I may be a little sensitive to things since we don't like losing to Green Bay but this forum used to be raging with Packer and Vikes fans a couple of years ago. The discussions are non-stop. Then most of the GB backers went away and did not spend much time here. Now they beat us, are at 4-0, and Farve gets his record and now they want to talk some more.

Nobody ever wants to talk with us when things are going poorly in GB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't normally post here because I get ripped on, called names and pretty much told to go join a Wi. Site. Had nothing to do with the Packers not playing well. I'm just happy the way they started. Sorry man, my bad I won't post on the football forum again because your right its for Viking fans.

Funny thing is when I started this thread I never said anything about the Vikings or the Packers beating them. Just wanted to talk to a couple of other Wi. fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Outdoor Ran,

Don't let them scare you off man! I am a loud and proud fan of my beloved Pale Hose and do battle all the time with Twinkie fans and Cubbie lovers. I also love DA BEARS so I go at it with Queens and Cheeseheads alike.

It's all good, man. We are all just big kids on this site. If you can take it as well as you can sling it this makes for some spirited debates and ranking on each other but it makes the day go by faster.

I'm guessing you are a Brew Crew fan so you might appreciate the fact that my two favorite baseball teams are The White Sox....AND WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE CUBS!!!

PS: Don't let the avatar fool you, I have a day left to pay off a bet I made to my favorite sparring partner Geno, who loves his Cubbies as much as I love my Sox.

Windy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

I don't normally post here because I get ripped on, called names and pretty much told to go join a Wi. Site. Had nothing to do with the Packers not playing well. I'm just happy the way they started. Sorry man, my bad I won't post on the football forum again because your right its for Viking fans.

Funny thing is when I started this thread I never said anything about the Vikings or the Packers beating them. Just wanted to talk to a couple of other Wi. fans.


Outdoor,

Point taken. My post was not for all, but instigated by one guy who has only posted once in the football forum since '05(to call Mike Tice a criminal) and then reappears with several posts this week. It is those types I was referring to. My bad for lumping a group together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0