Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronnie316

New to Northern MN

10 posts in this topic

I am new to Northern MN and looking for someone to duck hunt with...all family is in Southern MN.

Where abouts are you at ronnie? Northern MN covers alot of area. More specifics may help find a hunting partner.

Welcome 2 FM, I'm from the southern part so I'm not much help tongue.gif

Welcome aboard...you'll like it up here much better grin.gif

Ronnie, look for rice lakes to start they always seem to produce. Not sure where your at but I'm from the Grand Rapids area and may be able to give you some tips around this area.

I am between Biwabik and Virginia. Like to duck hunt, fish and go to Southern MN for the pheasant hunt each year. Want to duck hunt up here...

Hop in a car and drive around to find some shallower lakes and potholes that are holding rice. I was out yesterday doing some scouting and with the shallow water this summer there is more rice than there was last year. With that said I have seen alot of ducks in the rice.

You should be able to find plenty of these small lakes in that area.

Quote:

I am between Biwabik and Virginia. Like to duck hunt, fish and go to Southern MN for the pheasant hunt each year. Want to duck hunt up here...

You are right in my neck of the woods and enjoy the same things too. Our crew is pretty full for this weekend, but if you would like in the next couple of weeks we could meet up and shoot some ducks, grouse, or even try to find some fall walleyes. Let me know.

ELE

I will send you an email tonight, I can't go to hotmail at work.