• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Raise your hand if you shoot an 870

1979 Wingmaster Magnum. It is now "in the hole", i.e. my third gun behind my Benelli M1 Super 90 (at bat) and Benelli Nova (on deck).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• william wallace

• hanson

• Baerfisher

• jwhawkridge

2- Wingmasters just lov'em. They don't get out much any more

do to my Benelli M1 Super 90 (at bat), Benelli Super Sport (on deck) and my Benelli M2 20 gauge (warming up). blush.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

870 express combo first gun at 12

870 wingmaster supermagnum for graduation present

870 with monte carlo stock and rifled barrel for deer hunting

Love them all, even dropped the express in the river and shot my limit with it after i pulled it out

I have a 3&1/2 Mag, a 16 ga. with three barrels that I have owned for 45 years and a 28 ga. with a skeet choke that my boys seldom let me use because they're usually borrowing it for grouse, doves, rabbits, etc. I've owned several other shotguns over the years, but I always seem to grab one of the 870,s first. My sons own an additional five or six 870,s in various forms.

870 Wingmaster 12 gauge bought 24 years ago when I was in college and still going strong!! I can't imagine how many freezers it would take to hold all the ducks, pheasants, and deer that I've shot with it!

I have one - never a problem, sooo I bought one for my son, and his does jam once in a while, had it to a gun smith, he said he cleaned a burr off of it, but it sometimes still jams. confused.gif

I have 2... a 20 ga. express, and a 12 ga. express with the black synthetic stock. Both very high quality guns, never had a problem with either. Black stock looks sharp too!

Wingmaster! my dad shoots a 870 also he bought back in 1978 and he still uses it to this day.

Wingmaster Lightweight 20ga purchased in 1980 or so.

870 Express 28ga purchased 2001.

Both are great grouse guns. I have had the pleasure to shoot a lot of pheasants and a few ducks with the 20.

Our daughter who is 16 years old just took over the 28 gauge. She tells me it is now her gun after the success she had with it last fall. I am only too happy to oblige. I think the 870 tradition will carry on for long time in our family grin.gif

I'm 36 and never hunted before. Just took hunter's safety and bought a new 870 express. Haven't had it out to shoot yet, but I'm lookin' forward to it.

My Dad took me to the old Golden Valley Gun when I was 13 and had saved $100. Bought a 2.75" off the used rack for $99. I am now 45 and still own it. Retro'd with a 28" v-ribbed Remchoke barrel when steel shot became law. Still use for pheasants and grouse as I had to get a 10 ga. for the waterfowl before 3.5" 12 ga. was on the market. You can actually chamber a shell with one arm with this old dog. SMOOTH and DEPENDABLE is all I can say.

only thing I ever shoot besides a .22 now and then for squirrel!

Lots of 870 lovers here. grin.gif

I don't blame you guys... I love mine too!!

Oh, its a Wingmaster 12 gauge, 3". grin.gif

my very first gun that was truely mine was a 20 gauge 870 wingmaster I got for my 10th birthday. That was 33 years ago and I still have it. The next gun was a 12 gauge 870 which I also still have. Great guns no doubt.

I have two of them 1956 wingmaster and a 3inch express that I ported and back bored and its my favorite go to waterfowl gun its even been a boat paddle on one occassion.

The best gun ever made...THE ONLY GUN EVER MADE.DOES IT ALL AND THEN SOME. PERIOD!!! GOES BANG WHEN U PULL THE TIRGGER!!! 10th MILLION being made soon...say anything?? grin.gif

WOW! Lots of love for the 870, as there should be. Only shotgun I own. I have tried others and nothing shoots better. I have wow'd many Benelli, Beretta, etc... owners by doubling and once trippling (geese) up on game with the old pump.