Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b1gf1sh1

downriggers

5 posts in this topic

anyone know a great site for downrigger techniques? books only 'spain so much mad.gif. gonna get one mabe two new ones this fall/winter. would like a site that has ever changeing info like this forum but will take anything i can get.ty

Please understand why we don't like other sites being mentioned.

I and lot of members use downriggers quite frequently on Superior. If you ask your questions about downrigging in the Duluth/BWCA/Ely forum you won't stump us.

There are also a few that go to Michigan. I keep threatening to try Superior but haven't made it happen yet.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

sorry S.T. i guess i should clarify a little. basiclly all i find is techniques revolving around great lakes or other large deep lakes. i'm a river rat. and although i've found bits and pieces on river downrigging it's not really what i want. it's going to be usefull for sure but after june i'm a muskie hunter ALMOST exclusively.i want muskie downrigging basics at least. i get 'em pretty regular without them but i want to get into a new category of fishing for them. casting is ok but i want to get those down deep fat boys stuffing themselves with 6 pound shad and whitefish. mabe i'll venture to wisconsin too(ramble ramble). anyway i'll check that area out you mentioned thanks