Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yellow Fin Red

Big Sandy Walleyes

4 posts in this topic

The walleyes were really biting last Monday before the storm and big winds hit. Alot walleyes and northerns were boated with the biggest walleye 5 lbs being released. All the fish were caught between 4-7 feet of depth. It's been a little later this year on the bite than past years, but the best fishing is yet to come.

Good for you guys!!!

thats good to hear they are biting! im coming up this weekend to try and get my first big sandy walleye (only second time fishing it). first time out on the lake we found some really nice sunnies which made a good meal. we were going to try by raspbarry island some local said to try there....is this a good spot to start?

Walleyes on this lake are scattered, I would suggest start on the deepest area on the lake and illinate water, trust your electronics, and work your way into the shallows.

This lake is a true river reservoir which means it stained, so bright colored spinners, jigs, and cranks are required.

I have rarely caught any fish when my screen is blank.

If you think fish are there trust the electonics and check it out when you mark something slow it down rig it or troll it, then once you have located a pattern slow it down and rig it and jig it.

good luck