Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sergeant Slabber

Quack...

7 posts in this topic

How is the ducky situation up there, and what does the weather report look like for the weekend? Good luck to all the sky busters this weekend cool.gif

Poor, out a couple of evenings this week and saw very few ducks another disappointing season!

Duck populations look pretty darn good, maybe better than last year. The weather looks (good) windy with a good chance of rain and T-Storms. I can deal with the rain, but not lightning.

Good luck

Seems like better local production than last couple years. The drying sloughs have in some areas concentrated the birds. My normal spots have numbers equal to or better than last year. Good Luck!

Wow, what a difference, N and E of FF on Tuesday and Thursday evening only saw about 100 ducks at best. My son wants to go out so I will go but my expectations are really low. You guys must be where there are some local pockets of ducks. Shoot-em in the eye!

Thanks for the quick update fellas. I'll be there in a few hours. Chuck, I'll say hi to you this time if I run into you at the Sportsman.

We've scouted a LOT this week. As stated in another post, There seems to be pockets of ducks but nothing really great from my observations. As usual, some folks in the right areas will do fine and others won't see much. As a 50 something hunter, I've seen a lot of changes in numbers, habitat, wetlands quality, available food to attract ducks, ect. Certainly not like it had been in older times! We do ND also every year and have been for close to 30 years. While it still continues to be much better than Mn, our area has seen a significant reduction in birds.

I think we as sportsmen need to be proactive in educating ourselves to the future of our sport and what we as sportsmen can do to ensure future generations can enjoy what we have enjoyed.

Enough soapbox! Enjoy the opener and be safe.