Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
warrior2090

eyes

13 posts in this topic

for anybody wondering about eyes on diamond... i scheduled time in between pre fishing for tourneys and finally made it back to old faithful. that would be diamond! i got out before it rained on monday. the barometer was 29.91 and falling. the wind was out of the south at 9 to 18 mph, and they were right where i thought they would be. now i can't give that away... but before it was all said and done i brought back 6 of them between 15 and 18 inches. all i have to say is if you are out there and you see me come on over and i will share in the wealth. i will tell you this much, i am on the north west part of the lake. good luck and i'll have another to old faithful! woo! hoo!

2090 your other post ya mentioned Hills?? I know the lake maps are way off and incomplete for diamond,But if I search your area am I going to find underwater humps,hills?? That area is a long ride in my 14'/7.5 motor from dogfish bay,and I seem to only get bullies NW area,but this time of year I cant find eyes,I dont try hard cause the panfish bite is normally good this time a year.

good morning! there are actually "two" northwest corners on diamond. what you will find for structure is a gradual drop-off in which i may be wrong in my terminology, but in all reality it's the side of a hill. look for the weed lines and hug them real close. get within 6" to 2'. if you can't get them to pop out the sides, then switch to cranks and go right over the tops. literally. go get 'em and good luck!

OK Gotcha THANKS!!! cool.gif

been all over that lake last two days have,nt found any eyes. but lots of other fish and big bait fish schools as srarcebag mentioned before. but have,nt spotted no eyes on locator could be from what you said warrior. wondering what lake would be better night lake diamond or green? i've caught more eyes on diamond but would like to try green but alot of places out there.

alright... now i'm confused! them eyes got me again. i went out again on tues with a couple of guys wanting to catch eyes. i did everything the same as monday with the exception of working the wind. the barometer was steady but the wind had switched to the nw. they picked up 2. one was 13" and one was 14". o.k.... here's what is throwing me for a loop. we POUNDED the crappies. big beautiful crappies. we moved to 3 different places, 3 different depths, 3 different structures! all favorite walleye spots. never caught crappies in these spots before. i guess i will have to get back out there and see what happens next. as far as night fishing on green or diamond?, i really don't know anymore. it's back to the drawing board for me. my only 2 cents worth would be to wait just a bit longer until the water temp starts to get down to or near the mid to low 50's. walleyes- one day you love 'em and the next you hate 'em!

Lately On any structure I've been on to crappies if ya go off the structure and deeper ya should get sunnies,I've also started to get some notherns which I havent caught all year,But the eyes got me baffled. crazy.gif

how big is a big crappie. Caught alot of 8-9 maybe 10's but only a couple over 12 this fall. smile.gif. Thanks for the tip on night fishing, just anxious to try it. I'm trying some area lakes with big eyes in them tomorrow night ill let you know how it goes.

Just got done cleanin 6 eyes and 7 crappie.Neighbor and I decided fish fry tonight.He and wife fished our normal spot got 000.I tried the NW corner got all the fish,well the ole girl got 4 eyes a 4 crappie,Ya know I was busy watchin the sonar & runnin the motor.Thanks 2090!! smile.gif

Are there any size to the walleyes on diamond? The times i have been out there this past spring and summer most everything was on the small size except for a few. To answer your question on what is a big crappie, anything 15" or longer to me is considered a big crappie.

Nothin of size released 2 less than 11 took 13-17 none larger

What was the water temp?

The last time i was out, the water temp was in the upper 50's early in the morning and the lower 60's by noon. That was a week and a half ago though.