Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hitthebricks

Minncota/battery drain advise

4 posts in this topic

I've had a lot of problems with this since I bought this boat in 01, I'm now on my 4th set of batterys, 1st after 1 year, last this spring. It's a 65pd. with AP and CoPoilet and the battery was completley dead after 4.5 hrs running between 3-4, 1/2 the time or completly OFF with a light to moderate wind during the Beanies river rat tourney. Am I expecting too much or should I have it checked out to see if its a bad motor?!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifconfused.gif

Check your on board charger. I had 1 bank go bad on my Minkota on board charger a couple years ago.

Or your battery could be low. Have them checked out at batteries plus or Interstate shop or someplace with the tools.

you did buy deep cycle battery, not a starting or cranking battery, right?

Yes they are Deep cycle but not the real big ones. This is also the second 2 bank charger and never has been real strong since it was replaced, thats why I wondered about the TM. HTB

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• PSU
      Hello Muzzy,   Lots of good spots close to Oak Narrows. I will let the experts pipe in, but I've been doing well in 20-30 feet of water in the Frazer / Smarts Bay area. I would trust your sonar and find spots off reefs and follow down to 20-30 feet. Either jig or Lindy has been working for me with a Rainbow minnow 
    • Mike89
    • BulldogInTC
      Finally making it up this weekend to the cabin since January.  Looks like hit and miss weather conditions over the weekend, but I'm hoping to get some decent time in the boat...as long as the father-in-law isn't cracking the whip too hard  . That's good to hear about the success in Frazier, Matt.  Always seems like we are fighting for walleyes, but I'm hoping to change that and try a few new spots this weekend.  Hope everyone has a safe and good fishing holiday weekend.
    • Muzzy33
      We are from Indiana (land of terrible eye fishing). Staying in a cabin in the oak narrows June 3-10.  This is our fourth year fishing the big V, but have always fished the westside.  Never had great walleye fishing yet.  We normally stay father on the westside like around wolf Bay or Norwegian, so we wanted to find a cabin closer to the Eastside.  Figured the narrows would be closer so we can fish spots on the west side that we've already learned and also venture to the east where I've heard the walleye fishing is better for keeper walleyes.  I'm looking for any tips or locations to try.  Maybe someone could help us out.  It would be much appreciated.  Thank you
    • Muzzy33
      We are from Indiana (land of terrible eye fishing). Staying in a cabin in the oak narrows June 3-10.  This is our fourth year fishing the big V, but have always fished the westside.  Never had great walleye fishing yet.  We normally stay father on the westside like around wolf Bay or Norwegian, so we wanted to find a cabin closer to the Eastside.  Figured the narrows would be closer so we can fish spots on the west side that we've already learned and also venture to the east where I've heard the walleye fishing is better for keeper walleyes.  I'm looking for any tips or locations to try.  Maybe someone could help us out.  It would be much appreciated.  Thank you
    • Sherman
      Holland
    • 1eyeReD
      Thanks LucasMN!! I will throw you a personal fishin report when I'm done.
    • Luke jones
      Hi everyone I am new to this chat. I was wondering what stage you think the panfish are in right now anything helps. Thanks Luke
    • LucasMN
      There is spots in the parking lot for roughly 7 vehicles with trailers. When that's full, you can park on the side of the road leading up to the access (I don't know if it's legal but have never seen tickets given out nor have I received one). The access is fairly steep but  in good shape. A 16ft will go up/down and launch no problem. 20'+ fish houses can make it up and down.    The access on the south side (past the Bear trap) on Highway 71 has much more parking and is a flat landing with 2 docks.   Water clarity is good. Fishing is mediocre. 
    • Dune27
      Haven't tried fishing there but I would love to go there someday.