Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PSU

Foliage and weekend fishing?

8 posts in this topic

I am curious how the leaves looked this weekend and how the walleye fishing was? I am coming up next Thursday-Sunday and hopefully the leaves will still be brilliant and the fishing will be good. Any insight would be welcomed!

PSU,

The walleye bite was fairly good if you kept moving.

The leaves should be almost at their peak color when you get up.

Cliff

Maples have pretty well ran their course. Some color yet but not like it was earlier in the week. Lots of wind took most to the ground early. Ash and birch are changing but still more green than any other color. More wind coming so will see. I haven't had time to fish but customers are reporting little trouble finding fish. Should only be getting better.

The Walleye action is very good. Just got back from a week at the cabin and boated lot's of fish every day. Easy to find them and catching them with a jig and minnow. Only problem for me is lot's of small stuff and it takes a while to catch a limit of legit keepers. Heading back this Thursday for another 10 day stay.

Get the net, Tominator

PSU,

Walleyes are going good after you find them, and the leaves look great!

Thanks Ranckenstuff! Hopefully we will be able to find them okay. Are you going to be up next weekend? Your Dad?

PSU

PSU~

Depends on a couple things.

I'll let you know.

We had good steady fishing from 8:00 am till about 2:30 pm when the bite quit. The leaves were stunning and the warm temps made it all the better. The wind has been blowing here in Duluth all week and the leaves are starting to fall. The popple trees are still green. I'm headed back to Vermillion Sat. Rain and wind are forcast.