Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bturck

WAVY DAVEY

5 posts in this topic

I think this is the week that you took off for LOW. At least I didn't see your boat on the lift. Drop a post here when you get back and let me know how you did. So so weekend at the lake. Got about 4" of rain, water level definitly up. Nice day on Saturday and Sunday morning before I took off. Slowly coming to an end though. Bill

It's mister twister season!

Thats exactly what worked this past weekend. A few on minnows but the majority on the plastics. Sure are some brilliant colors up there right now. I'm thinking next weekend will be just about it for the good show. Bill

Hi Bill, My week on LOW was great! Just got back Saturday the 29th. Lots of fish and good size too. Was on the Canadian side out of Nestor Falls in the Split Rock area (about 50 miles north of International Falls on the east side of the lake). Very different than the Baudette area, lots of islands and protected bays, just beautiful. We targeted walleye and crappie, very good bite.

My wife went to our cabin the weekend of the 22nd and discovered we had storm damage. Some trees down, a large limb went right through the roof and one window broken completely. Haven't had time to check it out yet, she took pictures and kind of patched things up. The window should be no big deal but I'm going to have someone look at the roof, may have to file an insurance claim depending on the $$$ amount. I have a lot of stuff lined up in Oct. to get done there before shutting things down the end of the month. Good thing I got my fishing in this past week! Dave

Dave: Glad to hear you had a good trip to LOW. Nice to get into a good bite for sure. Yes we had on he!!uva storm two weeks ago. In fact that weekend I did not get over to your side of the lake. It went through on Thursday. We came through Ogilive and couldn't believe the amount of trees and power lines that were down. They had crime tape over almost all of the side roads and crews from all over trying to get power back. No problems on our side but I had my fingers crossed. A few blown down branches but nothing major. My rain gauge showed just over 4" of rain. We got a few good showers last week again, should bring that water level up. Two more weekends for me and then shut down the water, pump etc and off to SD for some long tails. We'll be up mid Nov though, as long as there is heat and some DeWars its worth the trip. LOL Hope all goes well with your damage, nothing real serious. Maybe see you before we lock the door. Bill