Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
french_lake_kid

Ducks in K.D.?

28 posts in this topic

Bunt or any1 else, have there been any ducks around K.D. lately? Dont really have a spot for opener so kinda lookn around. If so what, where? Then if any1 readn this is guna be huntin out there just reply, so I have an idea of how many ppl will be there. It looks like a cold, cloudy, rainy day, so I'm pumped. smile.gif Thanx

Sit at the end of my dock and fire away!

They are around, but not as much in recent years.

Its usually pretty busy on my end of the lake for opener, in the reeds, and next to the muskrat/beaver home.

If I cant get the canoe I was hoping 2 I might have 2 sit on your dock...if you were serious, that is. crazy.gif

FLK, READ YOUR REGULATIONS BUD.

TAkING IN OPEN WATER

A person may not take migratory waterfowl, coots, or rails in open water unless

that person is:

a) within a natural growth of vegetation sufficient to partially conceal

the person or boat, or

B) pursuing or shooting wounded birds (while in compliance with the

watercraft restrictions listed below), or

c) on a river or stream that is not more than 100 yards in width.

I AM GUESSING THE END AF ONES DOCK DOES NOT QAULIFY AS NATURAL VEGATATION... crazy.gif

I'll throw a brush pile at the end of the dock. tongue.gif

But in all seriousness, there is public land, in the tall reeds 100 feet from me where guys sit, I'd assume if your out early enough, you would get a spot.

Awwww! I knew there had 2b a catch! Owell, Guess I have 2 walk another 100' then, good exersize, wont hurt me any wink.gif

GOOD NEWS , I HAVE AN OPEN SEAT FOR TOMORROW

HOWEVER WHEN AND WHERE ARE STILL AN ISSUE I WILL CALL YA LATER

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif Now I have a 3hour project underway...cleaning my room mad.gif

Bunt, sorry 2 grill you again, I hope I dint miss it, what kinda ducks have you been seeing...? Any geese? Thanx again, big help! crazy.gif

A few Mallards. And TONS of Geese. Lots of Turkeys too. I'd like to talk to the farmer that has the land on the corner of the street to go to french access and kelly access because of all the pheasants. I almost run them over daily.

AWESOME! Thanx now I have an idea, I'll have pick up a few floating honkers, thanx alot though, dont let lucky hear about the pheasants grin.gif

IM' NOT HUNTING THIS YEAR ANYHOW.

Why?????!!!!!!!!! shocked.gif

BECAUSE!!!

That sux frown.gif

JUST KIDDING!!!!! JUST GOES TO SHOW YA EVAN THOUGH IT'S REAL WINDY OUT YOU CAN STILL FISH FOR SUCKERS WITH OUT LEAVING THE COMFORTS OF YOUR OWN HOME grin.gif

Haha. That was funny. laugh.gif

I knew you were lying! I just played along...not really. I was just about 2 call you! Lucky, you think filling a goose shell with a can of "Great Stuff" would make it float? Thats what I'm tinkering with right now, any ideas?

might work but how are u going to keep it upright? confused.gif

Somehow, & after 7 cans, they float perfectly fine! Upright & all! My only concern now is that where I trimmed excess foam, that it'll suck up water...hope not frown.gif

Bunt, 1 more ?, I have a boat 2 use now & was wondering, if your on the access dock lookin strait ahead, then to the left all the way down if that is public, so in other words, if I'm not wrong, it would be the SW corner of kelly. Past the last house.

Were the beaver lodge is? Yes thats all public. I am the second to last house, and I know my neighbor very well, she would not mind if you were on her shoreline a bit.

O.K. thanx alot! If you see me out there say hi. I'll be in a 10' dark-green duckboat, with a tm on the back, or a older lookn silver dodge parked at the access. Thanx again wink.gif

Stop on in after your hunt. Im the 2nd to last dock. With the yapping white husky's in my back yard. Im sure I'll be awake as soon as the sun rises with all the gun shots. I'll have coffee on.

I may dip my boat in Friday night, but I dont want it to get peppered with BB's...actually, might be a good idea to keep my dogs in Friday night also. smile.gif

Sounds good! I remember that dog from ice-fishing, it also had a little begal following him/her around. As soon as we would start grilling they would both be out there, eating hotdogs, ect. with us. grin.gif The huskie was named Shadow, & the begal was Sparky. Good times tongue.gif