Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishinFreaks

New Lowrance Updates

3 posts in this topic

Saw that Lowrance put out new updates yesterday. Not sure if I want to go ahead get the new update for my LMS520. As I'm reading what is included in the update, it doesn't seem that Lowrance has addressed the sonar problems so many of us talked about this summer - mainly the inability of the unit to read depth in weeds when using version 1.4.0. I just got 1.3.0 installed, and am very happy with how it's working, but I also know that Lowrance does these updates so the GPS and other features work properly. Should we try this new update or not? Here's what they say the update does:

What changes are made in this update?

* Modified backlighting properties

* Improved ethernet stability

* Moved the Cancel Navigation menu item to the top of the system menu

* Many modifications to radar settings and features

* Modified SD/MMC data storage properties

* Added support for HDM NMEA0183 sentence

* Improved Navionics card support

* Added sonar sharing over ethernet

* Includes all features from previous updates, including:

o Modified Auto-Sensitivity feature

o Modified memory card reading functionality

o Enhanced Navionics support

o Enhanced NauticPath electronic chart support

o Enhanced sonar noise detection

What does everyone think? I know it says "enhanced sonar noise detection", but that is from previous updates, which we know weren't working.

I'd say it's worth a shot only if you still have a hard copy of the older version in case you have similar issues as before. Last year I just wanted to fix the time change issue and I was kicking around the idea of adding a second sonar to network them. Lots of headaches later, Iffwalleyes got me a copy of the older version and got me back on track.

TTT

Just want to see if anyone has heard anything more on the updates.