Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoxMN

GONE: 10 or 12 white screen/storm windows, good shape

7 posts in this topic

I am getting new windows, and won't need screen windows anymore. These are the white exterior windows like Menards etc. have for about $30-$40 each. I don't have sizes, but they would be perfect for anyone needing them for their home, or a cabin or hunting shack. Not insulated type at all. They just screw right on from the outside. One has a slight dent in screen frame, but the rest are perfect.

Will be available in about 2-3 weeks. I am in White Bear. I hate to see them go into dumpster, as I payed plenty a couple years ago for the same thing for at the cabin.

edit: It is hard to see, but they are the same type as in my little avatar pic... smile.gif

Hey BOX,

Are they all the same size or various sizes?

Could you list the sizes? I might be interested.

See you at Thorne on Saturday.

Tom

There are 5 that are: 47x28

5 that are: 55x28

And three upstairs (only two of the white, the other is bare alum) and I "think" they are 55x28

One 55 has a slight crack on the lower window, and one 47 has a slightly bent screen frame, but still keeps bugs out, etc.

I think I might still have an alum frame 55x28 in the garage as well, but not sure.

I wish I had a use for them, they are all good... but if you can use them that would be great!

Box,

Are they screens or are they windows???? I'm definitely interested.

Hi Paul,

They are the combination windows - top and bottom windows with those finger latches on bottom, and bottom windows that slide up and "catch" at various intervals, with screen on the bottom half. The kind that many older homes have outside of the single pane sash windows to help with drafts and to keep rain and dust out when closed, but when opened keep bugs out with the screen on bottom.

I do have another "aluminum" color in the garage, so total of 14 windows, though the one in garage is a bit beat up, the rest are actually all real good.

I am heading up north Oct. 6th, so could theoretically even drop them off for you - sometimes I go up 169, sometimes over 18 and around the pond on the north side. Just depends upon when I have the windows replaced.

I'd also add that they are in good enough shape that other than some dirt or dust, they are in good enough shape to honestly say "like new", with the exceptions noted above on the two windows. I can take pics tomorrow if you want to see them on my house.

edit: these are not the windows from my house, but the same exact ones that I bought new and put on my cabin, just for reference - I think theonly pics I have handy:

frontview_3Resized.jpg

Box,

I'll take them. Let me know once yours get in and we can figure out how I can get them.

Sounds good Paul. I will let you know when they are ready. My buddy is coming out Tuesday to talk more about the siding, so that will be the last thing to decide on (lots of hail damage...) before he starts.