Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

The way it once was (pics)

14 posts in this topic

1910marketduckerstr6.jpg

1910 Market Hunters?

dwyerduckcampzr5.jpg

Print by Dwyer. Breakfast at Duck Camp.

1900castandblastad0.jpg

A full day of cast and blast in 1900.

1927castandblasthv1.jpg

Cast and blast in 1927.

whitefishlakedivers1910yo9.jpg

A diver hunt on Whitefish Lake.

ducksandpikegz5.jpg

Wow, this has to be good for the duck population and for maintaining trophy size pike.

heronlake1915cs7.jpg

Heron Lake in 1915. Gangsters? I'm sure they shot the ducks in those outfits.

1896geesecranesfoxeszl2.jpg

1896, a bunch of Geese, Sandhill Cranes, and Fox.

puttingouttheoldblocks1yw0.jpg

Getting ready to put out the old wood blocks.

Wow, interesting photos DC. Makes you think, huh? BTW - one of our older hunting buds has pics of his dad and friends back in the day wearing ties and vests and "sport coats" out hunting divers, so they really did wear that stuff! He even wears a tie one day a year for the heck of it, always gets a chuckle during breakfast smile.gif

"Breakfast at Duck Camp" That pic is the cover of the 2007 Cabelas Waterfowl mag/cat.

Yeah, I threw that one in there after seeing it on Cabelas. I thought it looked like Norman Rockwell. I'd love to find some other artists who paint in that style. Those are some great images, very nostalgic and romanticized but idyllic and reminiscent of the old days.

GREAT THREAD! wink.gif

Thanks for posting, good stuff.

I'll try and gather up some of my Grandpas pics.

He just showed me a few a couple weeks ago.

Great thread.

And here I spent a ton of money on CAMO clothing. PFFT.

Cool Pics. It always fun to see how it was in the "old days"

Sifty

Very cool - I wish we had a "duck camp"

what do you mean "like it once was?!" we get our limit in 15min everyday grin.gif, yeah right...those are some neat pics! dito on the duck camp...

i loved them all. The only I don't like is the market hunters they killed alot of birds too many. But for some it was a way of life and you just can't change something like that.

Great pics!!

After seeing the ducks this last weekend, I hope to have my limit along with 4 other ducks hunters (all in different spots) within 1 hour of hunting this upcoming Saturday. Can't wait!!