Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
svttom01

Duck hunting question

4 posts in this topic

I am heading up to the Detroit Lakes area the weekend of duck opener to do a little fishing and help take the boat lift and dock out of Big Cormorant for my grandpa. I have been pondering doing some hunting as well (Saturday and Sunday morning) but don’t know if it would be worth my time if there isn’t a lot of public land to hunt. Is anyone familiar with the area around Big Cormorant lake to suggest any ideas on where to hunt (or if it’s even worth my time, and if so, more specific WMAs, etc)? Thanks for any help!

there are plenty of WPAs around there. Look up on a PRIM map or the public hunting land map for the North at available at your local DNR office. You'll just have to do some scouting and see which ones fit the bill for your style of hunting.

I agree -- there are plenty of little spots to try. Just remember that other hunters will be out as well. It would be best to find a spot and be there early.

Thanks for the help. I stopped by a local map store Saturday and found some nice PRIM maps that should help me out. Should be an interesting weekend, hopefully it cools down a bit.