Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toughguy

Winterizing boat

2 posts in this topic

I've still got a good 7 weeks or so before I put her away but I have a few questions. I have a 17 foot Lund with a 2001 90 hp merc. In the past I had free heated storage so I never really worried about freezing water. Well my uncle decided he would put his 67 firebird in my Grandma's heated garage last week so that option is gone this year. I have always fogged it, put in stabil, changed the lower unit lube, and removed the battery so I'm up on those procedures.

Do I need to worry about water in the motor (2 stroke), livewell pumps or bilge or do they drain themselves? Is there anything else that I am missing?

Thanks for any help.

Lower your motor all the way and the water will drain from the pump. Place a bucket under the aerator pump intake and dump a little RV aniti-freeze in the live well/ baitwell drains and put a little in the out-put nozzels as well. Mine feed from the bottom, so I can pull out the pipes. A funnel and hose will work for the top feeders.