Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hawkeye28

Best Lake

13 posts in this topic

I recently posted regarding a trip I had with my dad on Madison Lake. During the trip my dad started talking about retiring and possibly buying a place on a lake in that area. I have been looking around and there are plenty of places available but on a lot of lakes I know nothing about. I have looked up the lake stats on the DNR website but I am looking for some more guidance. So if you guys were to buy a house on a lake in the Blue Earth/Waseca/LeSuerer county area strictly based on fishing which lake would it be and why? By the way, he likes to fish for pan fish and walleye.

Thanks

I have only been in this area for about 3 years, but i don't think you could go wrong by getting a place on Madison or Tetonka. Both lakes have been good to me for both panfish and walleyes, and like I said , I'm new to the area!!!.... Todd wink.gif ......................BTW would you like to go to the fall get together? I have a new boat and an extra seat if your interested?

This was a topic brought up not too long ago in this forum, look back a few pages and their should be some input their, or email me personally with any questions, I would be glad to help in that search.

Everytime I go and fish on Tetonka, I think of selling my house on Kelly/Dudley Lake to move to that lake. If only it where 15 minutes closer to the freeway.... frown.gif

Tetonka. Most consistent multi-species bite in the area with the least amount of recreational traffic.

Might be time to put the shack up for sale and head else where. shocked.gif

I think it was in January-March when this post was last up.

I think Tetonka was the lake of choice then also.

I found the other post and it sounds like Tetonka is the lake of choice. I have a question though. When I look at the Minnesota DNR website and their fish "stats" it looks like Madison has better numbers. Does anyone know why this is? I trust you guys but I am just wondering.

Todd....I actually have the day blocked off on the family calendar for the event but I thought about trying to get my dad come up for it. If he isn't up for it I may take you up on your offer. I will get back to you soon. Also, thanks for the invite.

If you plan to attend the Fall Get-Together, please respond in that post so I can keep an active roll call of who is and is not coming. Thank you.

As for the fish "stats" varying from lake to lake, I guess I don't have a good answer. I'm thinking sampling or collection points would have something to do with it.

Your very welcome, just let me know. What i lack in boat control i make up for in persistance!!! Hmmm i don't think thats spelled correctly confused.gif .... later, Todd blush.gif

TO - I will post in that thread once I know for sure.

Thanks

No problem. Thanks.

Happy to hear you are thinking of joining us...

Hey, Todd what is your best walleye lake around home?