Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TN Rick

Good Eats

4 posts in this topic

Just doing a little pre-planning for our trip up next year and was wondering what recommendations might be made for places to eat in Ft. Frances. We are staying at Birch Point from a Sat. through Fri and have decided to break our week up with a mid-week trip back into Ft. Frances for dinner one night.

Our thought was to eat on the Canadian side so that we do not have to try getting through Customs both ways just to eat dinner.

Searched the internet but have only found a couple of places, Thought maybe some local information might prove helpful.

Thanks and Bon Appetit!

Our group decided to try eating in FT. Francis this year for one meal. After driving around looking for a place I did the un-manly thing and asked a local walking on the sidewalk where was the best place in town to eat. They reccommended "the kettles". Just around the corner from the bridge. It was very delicious. Nothing fancy but home cooked style and reasonable. Would do it again.

Google the Ft. Frances Chamber of Commerce to find more restaurants. As far as recommendations The La Place Rendez-Vous is on the lake between town and the reservation and La Flambee International Cuisine is downtown. I've eaten at both and both are good. The best meal I've ever eaten anywhere was at the second one.

My favorite on either side of the bridge. A mite pricey but everything (except the ribs) is great. In the Fall, they start their 5-course special which I have had twice and it was awesome.

Everything is made from scratch so leave plenty of time to relax while your meal is being prepared. They also have a noon buffet - small selection but cheap and also very good.