Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hammer Handle

Trapping, where can I take my furs??

7 posts in this topic

I used to trap with my dad as a kid. My dad, as a small farmer, trapped for extra cash. All the money from his trapping went towards Christmas at home. He used to get at least 100 muskrats and year and also trapped mink, fox, and raccoons.

This year, I want to go trapping with him again...one more time. I also want to show my nephew how we used to trap.

Where is a place in Central MN to take pelts? I can't seem to locate one.

Dusty's Fur shed is by Barnsville, not to close but them and one up by fosston are the ones that i use.

Runningen Hide and Fur is in Fergus Falls.

Once season starts, get a copy of The Trapper and Predator Caller. There will be mobile fur buyers and a schedule of when and where they will be at certain times.

Melby Fur in New London and Johnsons fur in Willmar. I have been to both and both are very fair with prices.

Why would you consider a local fur buyer when shipping to the auction is so easy???

Contact the MTA....................

We never (rarely) used to stretch our furs. Is this something that should be done now?

I think most places will take in on the critter, but if you ship it off you need to skin, flesh and strech, i plan on doing some skinning this year as you get more for them if done right.