• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey guys a buddy of mine is getting married in a few weeks and I was thinking about getting a rod made for him. Does anyone have any suggestions of places in the area. Also any idea on how expensive they run.

Thanks

Scott

I think the place that is in wild goose will build rods,aldult ed has a class available & there was a vendor at the last thursday night 1st Ave thing in downtown Roch

Harvey Lee has some great links to rod builders. I'm thinking about getting a Thorne blank and possibly a JasonMitchell rod myself.

By best experience by far in the Rochester area has been with DLF Custom Rods and working with Dan out there. I've built 4 rods with him and I've been please in every aspect with Dan and DLF. DLF can make you a rod or they can sell you the parts. There are also a few guys that just by parts, blanks, and materials from DLF and sell rods on the side. Crazyice and sidecarPanfisherman (Pike's Taxidermy & Custom Rods) here on FM dabble a little in that.

I've built a Rod and took the class with Mel at Wild Goose and he does nice work. I've also talked to another Mel at that 1st Ave deal on Thursday, and his rods and custom wood handles were neat. I believe his company was Mel's Custom Rods.

Mike Fisher formerly at Hooked on Fishing makes and sells a lot of nice rods as well.

I'm not going push any one company/builder, but the names above should be enough to point you in the right direction.

scott i will send you an e-mail an maybe call you. Custom rods are a topic near and dear to my heart cool.gif ike