Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
instagator2005

Bay in Ashland-- Chaq??

instagator2005    0
instagator2005

How is the fishing in this bay in spring time??

tunrevir    86
tunrevir

Look in the WI thread. JHK431 should have a bit of info for you. I wouldn't keep my trips there to just the spring though because right now the fish are banging and the feedbags are on.

Tunrevir~

instagator2005    0
instagator2005

Fall good too eh?? how deep is it out there?? few rivers running through there too??

Jim Hudson    0
Jim Hudson

Fishing in the bay it quite good all year long for a variety of species... Spring equals great fishing for almost all species.. Be it trout, salmon, smallies, pike, walleyes, perch... And in the fall, with the cooler water temps, we will see a resurgance of great fishing again...

Chequamegon Bay itself, is 35 FOW or so at it's deepest stretch from Ashland to Washburn.. Then from Washburn to Houghton Point and across to Long Island, depths of 90FOW can be found..

instagator2005    0
instagator2005

has anyone been out there this fall yet??

Fisher_Johnson    0
Fisher_Johnson

Yes. Which species are you after? I've been concentrating on trout and salmon the last few weeks. I haven't done much fishing "in the bay" recently, but with the shorter days, I will be staying in the bay as long runs are difficult after work.

instagator2005    0
instagator2005

lake trout and salmon all I go after on big lake

Fisher_Johnson    0
Fisher_Johnson

I was out for only an hour last night. Trolled part of the Ashland shore and lost a coho. This time of year is a good time for coho, kings and browns in this area. Laker season closes at the end of the month.

Places to try include the South Channel. Houghton Point and the shorelines both north and south of there. The mouths of the Souix and Onion Rivers and Pikes Bay. Sticks and cranks off planerboards, spoons off riggers and dipsy's are good presentations to try. The fish can be on the bottom or just under the surface. Small dodgers/flashers and flies work for coho.