• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

All Season Liciense help???

killerloop1

With an ASL, you get 3 tags, 2 anterless and one reg..(correct)!

Now, these tags, meaning 1 for archery, one for gun one for muzzle CORRECT??? or is it one tag per entire season????

Please advise!!!

You get 3 tags like you mentioned. You can hunt all three seasons. Archery, firearms, and muzzleloader in any zone or zones you want. You can also use one or all of the tags in the same season. Of course depending on what zone it is. If it is a Lottery area only 1 deer per weapon. Managed areas 1 doe and 1 buck, and intensive harvest 4 does and a buck with additional intensive harvest tags after the first 2 are used up. Last you only get 1 buck tag per year per hunter period! Reguardless if you hunt 1 weapon or all 3. Hope this helps.

In theory they are 1 tag for each season. In reality you can use all 3 tags with the same weapon if the opportunity arises.

The only catch depends on what the harvest level is in the areas you are going to be hunting. If you are in a Lottery zone you still need to apply for a doe permit. If you are in a Managed then you are only able to take 2 deer TOTAL. If Intensive then you can take up to 5 with bonus permits. The key is to know where you will be hunting and the rules that apply. There are pages of info about the ASL if you feel up to it.

The defining factor about the use of your tags is where you plan on hunting.

Also, yes it is 1 buck only and with 2 antlerless or the possibility for 3 antlerless if the zone matches.

Thanks much, were is the info on the perameters or borders for areas in which managed or intensive is offered, I'm really just looking to shot a old doe early with my bow and wait for a nice buck in Nove or dec,,, pretty much hunt my back property, but don't want to handcuff myself if I shoot a doe on saturday,,, ARE ya picking up what I'm throwin down????

I got a question about the managed part. I am going to Ripley this year which is a managed area. Lets say I shoot a doe and a buck there. Can I still use my 3rd tag to take a doe in another managed area (183) where my cabin is? And if so may I buy a bonus tag as long as it isn't in a managed area I have taken a doe already?

I read the regulations as have others and no one thought the REGULATIONS covered this so that is why I posted the question.

Gee Brule, sorry, but some people do get confused by the "not-so-clear" regulations. crazy.gif

Neiko,

You are only allowed 2 deer in a managed area. So if you shoot a buck and doe at Ripley you can only shoot more does if you are in an intensive harvest area. You can mix managed areas but are limited to 2 deer only so if you just get a buck at Ripley you can get a doe at the cabin. Hope that helps.

Do yourself a favor and call the number at the top of page 125 in the 2007 hunting regulations. There's a toll free number for general information and licensing. Maybe I was just lucky, but the one time I called with a question regarding deer licenses and lottery/managed areas, the man on the line put it all out there for me.

Neiko,

Your are mislead, Camp Ripley is considered part of area 248. 248 is a Intensive harvest area, Camp set's is own bag limit of 2, to limit harest. So if you are lucky enough to bag two deer, your opportunity to shoot two in a managed area still exsist's.

Let's help those with question's and not assume everyone understands what is stated in the reg' book. If they don't understand and break a law they are considered "poachers". So let's just help each other out and answer questions if we know the answers!

I'll go further yet.

Don't take everything you read on a public forum as gospel.

Call the DNR if you want the gauranteed right answer.

I am not saying to ask her, because there is lots of good "opinions". But opinions on how people interpret rules vary from what the DNR means them to be sometimes.

Quote:

I'll go further yet.

Don't take everything you read on a public forum as gospel.

Call the DNR if you want the gauranteed right answer.

I am not saying to ask her, because there is lots of good "opinions". But opinions on how people interpret rules vary from what the DNR means them to be sometimes.

Exactly!

I did not mean to come off rude, but the answers are in the regs. I guess when I posted that, it was after reading multiple different posts having questions about various hunting and fishing regs. After reading them I looked them up in the book, and what do ya know, there they were.

Also, whenever there is a thread trying to "define" a regulation, it never fails to have more than one solid answer, which goes to show not everyone knows.

I may be generalizing a bit here, but i feel that people are more apt too post the question they have rather then just reading the regs. Sure there are a lot, but for some reason, I just don't find them all to confusing.

Anyway, like I said, did not mean to attack or offend anyone, just pointing out that the answers to you question IS in the regulation handbook.

I GUESS, .........I asked due to the fact I was a little confused. I read things the way I want to hear them ,,, lol,,,maybe not the way they are,,,, just kidding. I moved and all zones are new to me, and season is coming soon, and I don't want to handcuff myself just for getting rid of this doe that eats up all my memory on my cam....lol