Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MOBY RICHARD*

Any Fish Lake Reports...By Island Lake

10 posts in this topic

Thinkin of hitting Fish this weekend, never been there, would appreciate any reports, and presentaions, approximate areas, depths, times etc...for crappies and walleyes...

Any rocks to watch out for???

Any help is much appreciated!! smile.gif

I was out there labor day. The water temp was 68 on the windy side. We drifted through 9-12 ft out water on the edge of weeds and picked up 10 crappies, and one little walleye. nothing exciting, but the girl from cali whom never had been fishing before got to catch some fish.

It should turn over here pretty soon, and it should turn on. Be careful, I've never seen the water this low before.

Went out last sat aft. with northlander. Talked to tim at the highbanks and he siad it was a dead sea. We went out anyway got some perch and one crappie. in 5 hrs. Water temp was still 67 degs needs to cool down. Maybe this cold snap will bring it down to 60

TTT for C lou.

confused.gif

Thanks for the info guys. Am switching the trip to the weekend of the 22nd due to unfavorable conditions... ooo.gif

Any further reports after this weekend would be appreciated!

Went out of Tim's Highbanks on the 22nd. He told us it had been slow for both Walleyes and Crappeyes. It was.

Fishing for Panfish, caught Bass and Northern...and Perch. blush.gif

Fishing for Northern, caught Bass and a Walleye...and Perch. blush.gif

Fishing for Crappies in the evening, caught a few 6 inchers and one 10 incher...and a Northern...and a Perch. blush.gif

So at least the Northern and Bass were hungry...and Perch. blush.gif

Didn't see anyone really getting into much.

Lots and lots of Rocks sticking up and out, and lots of ups and downs in depth.

Lots of lower units lost the past couple weeks, per Tim.

A hard lake to navigate and fish for firstimers...treacherous at night!!

With all the shallow areas and Hazards, will be thinking hard about whether to return...

Colors changing a little, seem to be lagging a bit.

Moby Fish Lake is a good fishing lake. Dont let a low water year turn ya off. Crappies are just starting to get going now.

Yeah, I know, shoulda been there last week or next week... as usual. wink.gif

Well, I may try it again during frozen water, but I understand there are only limited roads on ice...

Fish lake will have roads to within walking distance of several good fishing areas. The west side of the lake usually doesnt have rodas but some years with good early ice guys will drive over that way. Stay away from the D A M and the bridge!