Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
driftin

lac qui parle

23 posts in this topic

Anyone been up on lac qui parle today wondering if the bite is picking up yet. thinking about going tomarrow morning early. Another thing, if anyone is interested, in doing some fall fishing (walleye) I've got an empty seat in the boat. Be nice to have some company. Don't get out much during the week, but always on the weekends. Let me know, I,m from Clarkfeild. Even if you know somewhere willig to try new lakes.

Was out at the Milan bridge yesterday, really slow. Just got the one bass.

Oh I can not wait for LQP in the fall!!! This cooler weather is getting me excited!

Driftin Im always up for fishing!! Especially since I have no boat yet so anytime you wanna go mebbe we can hook up!

hey driftin shoot me an email I grew up very near clarkfield and we may know each other I used to play softball in boyd and clarkfield still have relatives live southwest of town. Maybe we can hit lac qui parle or big stone this fall. My email is kazman2611@yahoo.com

I am heading that way for the ATVAM convention this weekend, is it worth bringing the boat with me? I have not fished the puddle this year at all so I have no idea on current patterns this year. Beem fishing there since the 70's though so I am guessing same spots as always?

My boss was out said anywhere there was a little current they seamed to be hitting. Going to try and get out towards evening this weekend its been cool long enough you'd think they'd be on. I guess I'll find out. bassmasher drop me a line if it works for you. rjsjw@frontiernet.net

Under Milan Bridge. Fatheads and Jigs. in the chanel was hot on sunday.

Thats funny I was there sunday and saw 2 ppl fishing off the bridge.. All I saw caught was a sheephead and a couple of white bass grin.gif

I agree with you Bassmaster. Positive reports seem to be bogus. I started at the dam Saturday late afternoon and ended up at Milan Beach. Nothing happening. Only boats out there said a few silver bass. Water is so low at the dam, 2 islands out in the middle. Hopefully the 4+ inches of rain Milan area got today will build up the rivers and lake so we can have some action. Otherwise....??? Wish we could trust what people say/write but I guess that's what fisherman do.

So not much of a walleye bite to speak of? We play up in St.Cloud in a couple weekends thought maybe instead of riding home on the bus taking a drive and fishing LQP.. Hopefully we can get some higher water levels and cooler temps so we can get this fall fishing going!!

wanted to get out there today but projects prevented me from it.. hopefully the rain headed this was and cooler weather again will trigger fish!

Tried the lake this week end, Milan bridge was slow at best. The dock fisherman had a better time of it with a couple, Saturday morning, 8-10 boats, saw one eye (shore saw 4). Sunday, the bridge seemed the same, slow. Made a move south to find a few willing eyes by trolling. Seemed better action was away from bidge. The current will pick up since the corp will be releaseing water soon, that should only help.

Quote:

Thats funny I was there sunday and saw 2 ppl fishing off the bridge.. All I saw caught was a sheephead and a couple of white bass
grin.gif

I cleaned my 4.

you cleaned 4?? how do sheephead and white bass tatse this time of yr anyway?? grin.gif

As long as everyone is giving true or false reports, I will share what i have to say about the lake. Rumors are the walleyes are biting around the park islands. Can anyone tell me if this is a true or false statement. If it wasn't for duck opener saturday morning, i would be out there checking this rumor out. It won't be long and then we can't fish in this area no more. That totally sucks. Has anyone tried fishing the east shoreline north of the milan bridge with frogs yet? It shouldn't be to long and that should start producing some eyes. Goodluck to everyone whether it be fall fishing or duck hunting this coming weekend.

The Milan bridge has been off and on and it's pretty much the same at tennis shoe pass. Poeple are buying fatheads and shiners like crazy but nobody is giving any info on where they have been catching them.

theres a certain pair of bridges...keep a jig right on the edge of the current. if you can keep the drum and bullheads off theres walleyes to be had. im being so secretive with my knowledge i know...lol. by the way, koonie have you heard if anything is going on the chippewa at all?

I haven't heard a thing. They should start up Benson way soon. Seems like it happens every fall when the frogs get thick.

anybody have luck bobber fishing off the bridge with crawlers or shiners at all?

never tried a bobber as there is alot of current -also the bridge tends to get kinda crowded this time of yr so i mostly lindy rig it grin.gif

masher,

you just lindy rig from off shore?

yuppers. hopefully I will be there this weekend,weather & wife permitting grin.gif