Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gunflint

Rain & Fire Bans

5 posts in this topic

East Bearskin lake got 4 3/4 inches of rain. Hungry Jack Lake reported up to 7 inches. This was all last night. The Forest Service has lifted the fire ban. At least in our part of the forest.

Great news, Gunflint. We were looking forward to the first couple of days of October without a fire - looks like we'll get to have one now. With the lack of rain I really didn't have any hope at all of the ban being lifted. Hopefully the rain will come in more regular, smaller batches from here on out!

They lifted it in the Two Harbors area as well as Duluth.

Isle Royale National Park informed me on Friday that the fire ban on the island has been lifted as well.

Gunflint,

Thanks for the update. Hope the wet pattern continues, perhaps just in smaller amounts at a time. I know your area, as is N. Wi. way behind in rain-snow the last, seems like 2 years now. It would be nice to be able to have a campfire as daylight hours are decreasing quickly now. Most probably know, but inlets with good water moving can be good in the fall. I always will fish them if currents present.Jig and minnow time, gettin close now. I"ll be up your way in a few weeks, looking forward to catchen up with you again.