Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mnhunter2

Advice on replacing mer 25?

2 posts in this topic

I have a mid 80's mer 25 on a lund 16' and I would like to move up to a electric start 4 stroke motor, kinda like the yamahas but am open to suggestions, dont want to go smaller in hp and boat is rated for a 35hp but I think they were looking at a 2 stroke motor weight. Any ideas to size and makes that could be found used or am I going to have to buy new?

Any brand will work fine up to 35hp, even if 4 strokes. Marke is a little funny right now, I would start browsing online sales, etc.

I found more luck buying a complete rig, then sell boat and trailer, many times I end up getting a motor for few dollars, but many people don't want the hassle of doing this.

To anybody that will reply below, please don't post any offer to sell or buy (That's what the for sale and items wanted forums are for), or your reply will be deleted and you might risk suspension, read the rules on top of page.