Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrophyEyes

Building Box Blinds

5 posts in this topic

Anybody have good building plans for building elevated box blinds? I have searched and everyone wants money for the plans. Any help would be appreciated, pictures are encouraged.

we did an open top box. we took four 16' long 4x4's and about 3 feet down we put boards across and frammed in the floor and just put boards down the side for support. Wish we would have put a top on it but it does cut down the wind a lot which is nice.

I had a friend build me a nice big box. One thing he did was use metal pipe for the legs and a metal frame on the bottom base. No way are there going to be any mice in there chewing up everything.

I sealed all the corners up with the foam in a can and then finished it off inside. I was in it last week and after a year of sitting in the woods, not one bug, spider, cobwebs or mice made a visit. As clean as I left it last fall.

Harvey Lee gives good advice on using metal if you can for the legs. Otherwise, you may want to look into a commercially made metal floor frame the wood posts attach into. Might cost a little more but would be more stable. Also, Menards and sportsmansguide has relatively cheap and nice tripod stands on sale right now. Might be just as cheap as the wood required and you could move them easier as you get to know your hunting land.

My father in law is in the construction business, so the wood is not going to be hard to come by. It is a good idea for the metal legs and it may be easier to anchor down.