Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snapcrackpop

Photo Tips

7 posts in this topic

Just heard of a great tip about positioning your "trophy".

In camp or your truck bed , pose the deer with the legs tucked in and then tie the antlers and ears so the head is upright. (after gutting) Overnight rigormortis will set in and keep your deer "posed."

The next morning you can pick a scenic spot for the trophy photo.

Like this:

blacktail.jpg

Pretty cool idea!

Better than that "stiff as a board" shot from next morning. I would also think this would work pretty quick in below freezing temps as well.

Thanks

I have heard some people even keep fake eyes in their pocket to use so the photo looks as good as possible.

Great pic but the only fault I see is the hunters hat. Turn the bill up a little bit so you can see his/her face with out shadows. Also have some kind of backlight if popssible. TRuck lights work good if its night time and you have the deer in a field or whatever. Or position the sun at your back. Sunsets can be awesome in hunting pics but they may cast a shadow on the person and the animal giving a shilloutee apperence. Use a flash even if not needed to make sure this dosent happen. Just some tips I learned in photography class in HS.

Yes, I agree about the "fill flash".

blacktail2.jpg

The picture isn't mine, but I liked the trick the person used and was one I haven't heard before, so I thought I'd pass it along.

Going to try it on the the big buck I'm going to kill this weekend. grin.gif

Where I hunt the only problem is , if I positioned it on the ground like that, it would by wolf food by morning, I have to hang them high .