Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xedge2002

Recoil Pad

7 posts in this topic

I have a browning BPS with a slug barrel on it and am thinking about getting a recoil pad for it. Just looking for some advice about which recoil pads out there are good?

Thanks

I didn't go the recoil pad option because it changed how my gun rested on my shoulder and my sight line. I have a Mercury recoil reducer into my Benelli. It makes it heavier, but it works well.

put a sims cut-to fit pad. You might have to bring it to a good gunsmith but thats the way to go. It takes alot of recoil out.

Check out the HUNTING forum dated 8/19.

I really enjoy my sims slip on. Boar

Thanks for the replies guys if anybody else has any experience keep it coming. Trophy Eyes where do they install the Recoil Reducer in? Do you have to have a gunsmith install it?

No, Most Benelli's and Beretta's have two screw in spots in the butt of the stock. You have to remove the recoil pad and then get a flashlight. I bought a Benelli recoil reducer and it just slipped right in there and it screwed right in. It took about 5 minutes. It is heavy though. I think mine is 12oz., but I am happy with it.