Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huntin&Fishin

Any geese?

5 posts in this topic

Has any body been seeing geese around Fergus?

I've seen a few thousand, but that was only one short trip to visit a sick pal. I would guess they would be around in huntable numbers by the time the season opens at the end of the month. Oh. Thats right. There is an early season too isn't there. Okay. Whatever. confused.gif

Haven't been thru recentley but a couple of weekes ago, the farther West & North you went the more geese there were. that was in direct relation to the number of wheat fields though. Down here there are few wheat fields but lots of corn, hopefully later in the year we are going to spank them.

there are always geese around Fergus

Good numbers around Fergus and Underwood. Some fields have large amounts, but they tend to still be scatterd in isolated family groups. I am guessing by noon Saturday most of them will educated.

The ones in grain stubble really stick out of course, but I have seen a lot feeding on plowed ground too.