Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swampbusters

New to area. Please help with geese?

4 posts in this topic

I am looking for a public area with the posibility of haveing geese around. Are the wma bibles slough or michalson farm a good choice? Any help would be appriciated. If you need a extra gun to go along with you I am a experienced goose caller. Thanks for the help.

Don't know how far you want to travel, But south of Clearwater(Down CTY RD 7) and west of Sugar Lake on Ireland Ave is some public hunting land. There is a couple big swamps out there(That you can launch a boat). I used to hunt out there and geese would land out there. I haven't duck hunting for about 5 years, so don't know what its like now. If you need more detailed direction's let me know. There is all kinds of Land out there to hunt.

To tell you the truth there isn't that many geese around in my area. But once the season progresses it will pick up and be good shooting.

I second that i havn't seen many geese this year around the Sartell area. Even around 5 points i always see them out in the fields. I normally hunt in st. stephen and we get them flying off the river but haven't see much..... Maybe it's got something to do with the low water but i hope it picks up latter in the season.