Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aaron Carrell

Kelly-Dudley (Faribault)

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm hitting this lake for the first time this afternoon and boy does it look interesting. I took a look at the maps and just the fact that such a small lake (~110 acres) can get to 60' deep is gonna throw me for a loop. So I'm looking for anyone that has fished it before, and might have a heads up what works well with that type of environment (not to mention our recent weather change).

I'm not real great with figuring out how to fish deep if thats what its gonna require, but I do what I need to catch some fish. The whole lake IS surrounded by lily pads though by the looks of things, so that should make for an easy starting point for something to try. I dunno, any heads up would be great. Thanks!

P.S. I want primarily bass, but some nice sized northern would be great as well (and I hear this lake has em).

I live closer to that area, although I've never fished these particular waters. Check out the Faribault area forum and post your request there, I'm sure you'll get some great basic advice from the locals.

I live on the lake. Check out the south central forum, I have made posts on it. What time are you going to be out there?

Oh, well, I hadn't found a forum for that area by quickly browsing through, so I'll try there. I'll be on the lake roughly around 5pm till dusk tonight.