Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyes54

August full moon

6 posts in this topic

With the full moon being late this month and the cooler weather we have been having what does everyone think about the fishing this week. Will it be the same tatics as the september full moon, or should you search a little deeper. Just want to hear everyones thoughts.

We will know when you post a report I guess.

I'm guessing your'e talking about night fishing.

Get out the Shad Raps!!! I would start in the 10-12 foot levels, and work my way into 5 ft.

Colors, firetiger, perch, clown., blue., tennesee shad. gold.

Maybe try size 10 huskiy jerks also. Chrome colors.

It may be a little early, but it gets your blood "pumping" thinking about the Fall Pigs out there. Good luck!!!!

Quote:

It may be a little early, but it gets your blood "pumping" thinking about the Fall Pigs out there. Good luck!!!!

In a typical year...at what point does the infamous "Fall-Bite" get good?

Water temperature is what really drives it. 50 - 55 is when things really start picking up.

You don't have to limit yourself to trolling unless you're dead set on making a bite happen with Shad Raps or whatever. Don't be afraid to try picthin' plastics or slip bobber fishing in and around deeper weed edges or shallow rock piles.

Any full moon phase is a good phase.